Treading lightly

What the hell just happened.How can THAT be my father,no my father is captured with the test of my family and friends. I'll have to try to find that out later but now i need to find Eléna's mother.
******************************
Time lapse
******************************
Making our way through the town,the shadows seem to shimmer as if my father is watching me with those horrible eyes trying to turn me.
How did my life become so messed up,is it something i did or just my rotten luck.But the real thing is finding Eléna's mother.
We walked towards a gaint wall of rock,carved out in the edge of a mountain and suddenly she stopped and i rammed into her and just staired because the wall of rock was replaced by an shimmering flat regtangle like a doorway which freaked me out because anythimg could be at the other side for example a horde of monsters or even a pack of crazy clowns. Don't judge i once had an encounter but that's  a story for another time.
Without warning she jumped through the flat trans and dissapeared and i had to follow.The other side was breathtaking white walls inlaid with red rubies and intricate white  patterns carved into the dark blue colums towering above us and dissapearing into the darkness above.All kinds of symbols and pictures depicting spells and the legacy of their group.
When i stopped admiring the place , but staring at my girlfriends mother's angry face made me flinch and i could swear her eye's  glowed red hot with anger.She only spoke one sentance"You promised me".