He handed me the bowl and a napkin. "Do I need to feed you or are you alright?"

"I'm alright. I'm on my period, not disabled. What is this bytheway?" I asked as I stared at the soup that looks so delicious.

"Mushroom and potato soup."

I frowned my eyebrows at him. "I don't have mushroom nor potato in the house."

"You didn't had any of the ingredients in the house. I had to go out and buy it. Have you been living out of take outs the entire time?"

I bit my bottom lip and stared at the soup. I cannot cook so what did he expect. "Yeah?"

He scoffed, but didn't say anything about it. " Eat the soup and take some rest. I'll prepare dinner for you."

"Ethan you don't have to---,"

"Sshh." He raised his index finger up to stop me from talking. "Eat Nicole."

I ate the soup in silence as Ethan watch me and handed me my drink. It was chamomile tea. He said it was good for the cramps. When I asked him how he knew about that, he simply told me he googled it. The soup tasted as good as it looks. Maybe even better, because in no time I had finished it. It reminded me so much of the soup my mom used to feed me. "It was delicious."

He grinned at me as he took the bowl from me. "I know. Now go get some sleep."

I yawned as I laid my head down on the pillow. "You know." I whispered as I placed the comforter over me. "Veronika came to visit me."

Ethan was silent for a while before he spoke up again. "I know." he answered softly as I felt him shift on the bed.

"How?" I let out another yawn as I my eyes slowly started to become heavier.

"Because of the gun, Nicole."

---

My eyes fluttered open as I pushed the comforter off me. I sleepily reached for my phone on my nightstand, but felt nothing.

"Your phone is on charge. The battery was dead." A voice said next to me.

I squealed as I snapped my head to my right. "Holy shit, Ethan you're still here."

He chuckled lightly. "Yeah, I promised to make you dinner. I hope you like chicken parmesan."

I nodded my head as I still tried to slow my heartbeat down. "Yeah I do. What time is it now?"

He glanced at his watch. "Almost seven."

"I slept the entire day?"

"Pretty much. Anyways---," Ethan shoved a plastic bag towards me. "Chocolate. I don't know which one were your favorites so I just grabbed a bunch of different ones. I heard girls love it during their period. There's also ice cream in the fridge."

My heart melted as I took the plastic bag from him. This was just too sweet. "Thank you. I'll go take a bath and then I will have dinner with you. Is that alright or do you have other plans?"

"Nope, take your time. I'll be waiting for you in the kitchen. Do I need to make the bath for you?"

I laughed softly as I stepped out of bed. "No, it's alright. I can do it myself."

He nodded his head and walked out of my bedroom. "I'll be in the kitchen. If you need something just yell super loud."

Several minutes later I walked into the kitchen where Ethan was still waiting for me. He handed me a plate with Chicken parmesan and a glass of water and together we walked to the balcony to enjoy dinner.

"Thank you for making dinner." I said as I sat down on the rattan chair. I placed a pillow to support my aching back.

"You're welcome." He answered smiling.

We ate dinner in a comfortable silence, until I decided to break it. "Uhm, you told me that you knew that Veronika visited me because you saw the gun. Like, how?"

"I have seen many more. Some dangerous than the other. Her dad is a mafia boss." Ethan said indifferently.

I choked on my food. I coughed a couple of times as Ethan patted me on my back. "What?! Does the mafia still exist?"

"Yes of course they do. But it's not like the ones you read in books or see in movies. The russian mafia is very different and modern. The Italian mafia of course are still the most powerful and richest, but the russians are the most international. I thought she told you about it."

I shook my head. "Nope, that's not what she came here for. Are you in the mafia?"

Ethan gave me the are you crazy look. "Hell no. I don't want to have anything to do with the mafia."

"But you can just like I don't know talk about them. Isn't there like some kind of rule? Omerta or whatever?"

Ethan chuckled. "As I already said, the mafia is nothing like you read in the books. As long as I do not spill important information which I do not have, I'm totally safe. But now I'm curious, what did Veronika came here for?"

"Oh that." I shrugged my shoulders as I put my glass down. "She just came to tell me that she's lesbian."

Now it was Ethan's turn to choke on his food. "What?!"

"Yeah, shocker. Oh and she faked her orgasms." I took another sip of my water as Ethan stared at me like I just grew another head. "Is it her habit to gift a gun to people?"

"Yeah, the only gifts she got in her entire life from her whole mafia family is guns so--- But are you for real, she's lesbian?"

"That's what she said."

Ethan was quiet for a while and then his eyes lit up. "Oh my god. That's why!" He exclaimed as he put his fork down.

"What?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows in confusion.

"That's why Veronika and I never worked out!" Ethan exclaimed and smiled at me. I have never seen so much adoration in his eyes. "Princess, believe me or not. You taught me what love is."

Don't forget to Vote & Comment !