• What is beauty?

Mark really doesn't understand how he made it too such a prestigious school. He would say he's glad that even if he doesn't have a lot of money, he can still try to get atleast a good academic record. It's kind of awkward to be in the same class as people younger than you, but it works because he's been used to this since he has joined Hangsan university. People look at him most of the time because he doesn't wear Gucci shoes or Rolex like the rest of them do. But let's be real, Mark hasn't cared about anything since he was 5 years old. Come on who even gives a shit about some people thinking he is not as good as them, he has had worse things done to him so this is just child's play in his eyes.
Mark chuckles as he hears a group of girls looking at him judgingly, keeping his head help up he walks to his next class. This is the class he actually likes to go to, modern art class. After getting into Hangsan university because of a scholarship he got for his basketball records, modern art quickly became his favourite class. He is after all doing his major in arts.  As he enters the class he knows the professor has some weird idea planned for the class, because he is bouncing on his legs while he juggles some papers in his hands. Mr. Johnny is one of the chiller teachers, even if he knows that the students aren't high schoolers anymore he still tries to do childish stuff to keep the class as he calls it ''exciting''.

Mark takes a seat in the back of class as students keep pouring in, soon enough the hall is full and Mr. Johnny practically shines as he looks around at his students. Mark actually admires his love for his work, he just seems very diligent and Mark likes that aspect of his young teacher.
''Ok class, it's been a long weekend for all of you'' Everyone groans in agreement at this '' that's why I decided that I wanted to do something different today, something to actually get you out of your seat and moving!'' Everyone groans again but this time in irritation of the thought that they have to start moving, come on no one actually wanted to participate, but who can say no to their professor when he looks so excited so they just agree sighing deeply. Mr. Johnny smiles as he starts explaining '' So today we will be going outside, you know get some of that vitamin D while we learn the beauty of nature, I want you guys to go outside for and find something from raw nature and explain the beauty of even the simplest thing you can find. You'll get 30 minutes to do this, but this time I'll be pairing you up with one of your classmates to grow your bond too. And no you will not be choosing the partner yourself, it will be I who chooses your partner.'' Some girls whine at this when the thought that they will be not be paired up with their friends comes up. Mark just rolls his eyes ''so typical'' he mutters. ''Park Minsoo with Choi Rosé, Kim Chaemin with Lee Taehyun...'' Mark zones out as the names keep pouring out of his professors mouth, that of course until he hears his own name '' Mark Lee with Lee Donghyuck.'' The professors chuckles '' see what I did there Lee and Lee.'' He says in attempt to make a lame joke. Nobody actually laughs and the professor just clears his throat awkwardly.

Mark's eyebrows furrow in confusion, because he actually has no idea who this Lee Donghyuck guy is. He keeps looking around till he feels a light tap on his shoulder. A small guy with brown hair and glasses looks down at him as he is sitting on his bench. Oh, he thinks this must be the guy, weirdly enough he has never actually seen him before but he still looks oddly familiar. but that's not that shocking as he doesn't actually know anyone in class just his teammates who are also not particularly his friends. '' Shall we go?'' the guy Donghyuck just says. Okay that's kind of rude but hey Mark understands they don't need to be friendly to do a small exercise together. Mark sighs as he get's out of seat and follows the brunette and other students outside.
They start to look around for something that can actually be interesting enough to be talked about, he is looking around and tries to follow his so called ''team mate'' he walks up to the brunette as he is crouched down. '' What did you do!'' the brunette suddenly exclaims. Mark flinches what did he do now? '' What the fuck do you mean, I was just trying to look for something.'' '' I had it right here I found this flower, you walked right over it!'' Donghyuck says angrily. '' Well shit dude, calm down I didn't see it man! We can just look for another flower.'' He says a matter of factly. ''No we're gonna talk about this flower right here.'' Donghyuck says plucking the dead flower from the grass. Mark looks at him confused, how was he gonna talk about the beauty of something that's dead. '' Don't say anything just follow my lead understood?'' Donghyuck says as he walks back to the hall with the dead flower in his hand after the 30 minutes are over. Mark raises one of his eyebrows and shrugs, well less for him to do.

The students in class do talk about some pretty boring stuff, stones, branches and some kid even got a leave telling everyone that the green makes it look so fresh that he just wants to eat it. The professor looks a bit disappointed as he thinks that nobody actually understood his point for doing this. Mr. Johnny sighs '' Mark, Donghyuck you guy are next, come u her and blow us away I guess.'' He says without any enthusiasm. The students automatically scoff as they see nerd and poor kid together.

'' So tell us what you got here, and what makes it beautiful?'' the professor says as he crosses his arm and leans against the wall. Donghyuck puts the dead flower on the table and takes a step back. The professor looks confused '' how could a dead flower be pretty?'' Donghyuck smiles and looks up at his class. '' The reason why a dead flower is pretty, is because of the purity it leaves behind. Just like a person leaving their beautiful thoughts behind when they leave this world, this flower also leaves it's beauty and traces behind. We never actually forget a person when they die, but we live with the fact that they aren't with us anymore, just because someone died it doesn't change the fact that for someone that person was beautiful , pure and loved. Just like this flower, before it got stepped on everyone thought it was a pretty flower and once it lost it's life everyone threw it away just like something with no value. But we should remember that even this dead flower once held the beauty like all the others.'' Donghyuck says as he smiles at the dead flower on the table. The teacher starts to open his mouth when Mark starts talking confusing everyone. '' Not everyone has beauty, some of us leave with only sour memories and no one will remember us because there was nothing to be remembered, just like how no one saw this flower and no one will remember this flower.'' He says and he blows the flower away from the table, walking back to his seat.

The professor clears his throat trying to break the awkward silence that follows after that last statement Mark made '' Okay class that was it for today, but I will tell you that the partners that you worked with today will be your partner for the rest of the semester.'' Mark tunes out all the things being said in class as he thinks about the things the brunette said, he disagrees but silently wishes he had the same positive thinking as his partner but who is he kidding ofcourse he doesn't life isn't all pretty flowers and love for him. He doesn't see the two eyes looking at him in confusion from the row beside him.

Johnny looks at mark and Donghyuck in mild curiousty, it's something so new and fresh for him two see totally opposite students giving their opinion, this is why he suddenly planned to make them work together for the whole semester so he can follow their work closely. He guesses it's worth it when he sees Donghyuck looking at Mark when they leave class. He sighs and just hopes for the best for what is too come.