Life of the coffee shop girl part 6

Reader's P.O.V.

The next morning Chris came in. "Hi." He said to me. "Good morning." I said to him back smiling. "How was, uh, dinner?" He asked me which I wish he wouldn't have asked. "It was good." I said to him. I honestly enjoyed the time with him having our ice cream and walking and talking. Even the moment at the pier where we talked and watched the sunset and danced. Those moments together I still can't get out of my mind. I feel bad for bailing on him when I did. My heart still can't decide but I know what my heart wants even more than Patrick. It wants Chris. "Very good. Can I get your usual?" I asked as I pointed to the back of me. "Uh. Yeah, it's nice to have a usual. That sounds good. Thank you." He said and just as I was about to walk off he stopped me saying he got me something. "Uh. I...I brought you something." He said stopping me and putting the little gift on the counter. "You did?" I said coming back to the counter. "It's nothing big, but..." He said as I took the packaged gift and looked inside it. And saw that it was a lighthouse mug. That was so sweet of him. And he remembered what I said about the lighthouses last night.

"Seems like you're the only one who doesn't have a mug of your own." He said to me. Just then Patrick came in. "I don't really know what I do and don't have anymore. Thank you." I said to him. I walked over to Patrick. "Hey, good morning." He said to me as he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Morning." I said back smiling. "You ready?" He asked me. "Comepletely." I said back. "All right." He said as I walked to a table with him and of course Frank Miller was there with him too as the three of us sat down. "I trust Patrick filled you in on the details." Frank said to me as he got the papers out. "Um, no, he hasn't, not exactly." I said to Frank. "I wanted to surprise her." Patrick said to Frank. "Well, without Patrick here, this could have gone a very different direction." Frank said to me. "I'm just so glad we could solve this quickly." "I know." I told him. "He was kind enough to get involved on my behalf, I...I don't know how I'll ever repay him." I said looking at Patrick. "That's the beauty of it." Patrick said. "You won't have to repay anyone anymore." "I'm sorry, this just doesn't seem real." I said smiling. "Well, I assure you it is as soon as you sign these." Frank said. I looked at Patrick then down at the papers.

"Okay. I'm sorry, who's this Thomas Kimball?" I ask Frank. "His name is...wow everywhere on here." I say looking at Patrick. "He's my client." Patrick told me. "He's the buyer, (y/n)." Oh my God! Patrick snuck up behind my back and sold my coffee shop to someone else?! I'm going to kill him. That jerk! Yet I thought he was Mr.Pefect but I guess I was wrong. I knew this was going to happen. "The what?" I looked at him devastated. "He's was looking for investments to flip quickly so I convinced him to buy your property." Patrick told me. "Yeah, and he got you a very handsome profit you could have ended up empty handed."  Frank told me. "I'd have to say, your boyfriend certainly lives up to his real estate guru reputation." "Just what exactly does Thomas Kimball plan on flipping my coffee shop into?" I said pretty pissed that for one, Becky told Patrick about my financial situation with the coffee shop, and two Patrick hired is client to take over the shop. Not cool! I am kicking Becky out as soon as possible. She was not supposed to take down the coffee shop yet she did it anyways. Good for her! I hope both her and my soon to be ex boyfriend all over again are happy! "Does it matter?" Frank asked. "It does to me!" I yelled at him. "It does to me." "You know, crowding is a serious issue here when beach season picks up." Patrick interrupted. "Just say it." "I told him this town could use an extra parking garage." An extra what?! "He's buy the next door also." Patrick told me. I looked at him in utter disbelief. That's it he's on my death list now. "A what?" Tears started to form in my eyes as I walked off. "This sort of deal...(y/n)!" Patrick said after me.

I couldn't take it anymore so I walked off crying feeling like my whole life is over. I moved to Boston way from him because he hurt me the first time. Now he is hurting me again by taking my coffee shop down. How could he?! After all this time I thought he was going to do something that will change my life forever but in a good way. Not like this. Now my life is officially over.

Chris' P.O.V.

I watched everything that was going on after I took my coffee and sat down. I watched closely as (y/n) went from being hopeful to being upset with tears streaming down her face. You know what I did. I stood up to the jerk. There was no way he was going to take away this amazing coffee shop. "You know what Patrick? This shop means everything to (y/n) and you think you could just take that all away. She moved here because of you and now you are making the biggest mistake of your life getting involved into something that you never should have been involved with in the first place?! You should be ashamed of yourself. I hope you are happy." I said to him and walked off looking for (y/n). What a jerk!