Life of the cofee shop girl part 5

Reader's  P.O.V

It was the night of the fundraiser and everyone came in tonight to support the coffee shop. This was Scott and mine's idea to raise a fundraiser to save the shop. Although my friend and Eli doesn't know about the foreclosure yet since I didn't want to worry them or tell them about it. I was handing out cookies to everyone who came tonight before getting up on stage to sing an inspirational song I wrote myself for the coffee shop.

Chris' P.O.V.

I showed up with Scott at the coffee shop that night and was looking at the coffee shop's flier. "Did she come up with all of this herself?" I asked Scott. "After spending the summer there, yeah. She buys all of the coffee she roasts from them." Scott says. "It's how she supports their village." Max says to me. "And then a few times a year she throws a fundraiser." Becky told me. So (y/n) isn't just raising money for the coffee shop she's also involving in a charity for the village she went to for the summer to help them out. I am glad she is just as involved into helping people in need as much as I am. Eli came up to the stage. "Excuse me everybody! Please, please! Can I have your attention? I would like to present to you all for one song tonight, the amazing (y/f/n)." Eli said introducing (y/n) to come up on stage as everyone cheers and applause. "Hi." She says as she sits down at the piano on stage and giggles. It was the cutest little giggle I have ever heard. "Um, I wanted to think you all for coming out tonight. Your support in this charity it means the world to me. I know that many of you had a chance to know my mother. She was an amazing woman and she introduced me to all of this. She couldn't go five minutes without quoting the Bible and she always reminded me that love is a verb. And that is what "Brewing a Better Tomorrow" is all about and I am so glad it's as close to your heart as it is to mine." She said as I listened and smiled. She seemed like she also was very close to her mom as I am to mine. She knows the importance of family and that is exactly what I look for in a woman. She might actually be the one I have been waiting for my whole life. As I sat there listening to her sing I felt like an angel was sitting there playing the piano and singing her heart away. Her voice sounded so beautiful. It took my breath away.

Walk with me by the oceanside
Together we'll take on this life
As the sun melts to pink and blue
So my heart melts for you

Dance with me under the stars
Oh, dance with me wrapped in your arms
You'll be the band and I'll be the song
Oh, can't you see that we belong?

You and I are meant to be
As the shore is to the sea
Oh let me be your hand to hold
Your darling to kiss you when we're old...

"She's good huh?" Scott leaned over and said to me. "Incredible. These people love her." I said as I leaned over to Scott. "Well, what's not to love?" Scott said as we turned our attention back to the performance (y/n) was giving.

Wrapped in your arms
You'll be the band and I'll be the song
Oh, can't you see that we belong?

The song ends as I stand up and everyone cheers for (y/n). "Thank you." She says as she smiled. I was going to walk up to her to say how amazing she was but then I got stopped by her talking to a guy and hugging him. That was when I new my chances with her were broken. I was jealous. Becky and Scott told me about her ex as I knew she probably was going to get back with him at some point. I walked out of the shop devastated for life.

Reader's P.O.V.

Just as I finished singing and was about to walk off stage my ex Patrick cornered me. "Patrick." I said turning around to look at him. "Hey." He said looking at me and he gave me a hug as I hugged him back.