In The Cage

I sat in my cage not moving, I have PTSD and have some panic attacks since I lost my leg. IED, saved my team but not my handler. I was only about 9 or so months old. I had gotten to go in the field earlier than others due to being in the top of my class and being two times the size a normal shepard would be at that age.

I have been here for about a week and the accident happend two to three weeks ago. The Marines had said I was unfit for duty. Yeah right.

They came and put food and water in my bowl, I don't move until they leave. From what I have heard they are either going to kill me or give me away.

Today ,someone came and looked at me. He stood in front of my gate for a while. I got up and slowly walked towards him. They still haven't given me my pain meds for today, so as I got up, I took slow, small steps.

I laid down panting in front of the gate, looking up at him. Just then, another man came in and asked the guy that was in front of my gate if he found one he likes, the man said yes. So the guy that just came in goes off to find someone to get me out of the cage.

The gate keeper, what I call the idiot who is supposed to be my caretaker, came in and asked "This one?"

The two men both shook their heads yes. The gate keeper unlocked my gate.

" What's her name?" The first guy said.

Please comment and review.