Love Letter #5

"Everybody seems to be having fun besides your miserable looking ass

"Everybody seems to be having fun besides your miserable looking ass. What's up?" Clyde took his phone out to take a picture of his older brother.

Israel tapped his index finger on his glass, "Something's wrong. This atmosphere doesn't feel right."

"Well the one I'm in is positive as hell." Clyde slightly danced to Cardi B's I Like It and bumped Israel's shoulder, "Lighten up, my G."

"I mean I can try, but I can't promise that I will."

His eyes scanned the jumping crowd looking for a girl with a two toned colored bob. Israel's mind had blanked out for the first hour of the dance after he had seen her. He was simply chillin and thinking about how close Thanksgiving and Winter break was-- soon Spring break then graduation.

He felt like he was trippin' trippin' thinking about time going by so fast.

"Have y'all seen Artina?" Her two best friends Mauna and Fran rushed up to Israel and Clyde with worry, "She isn't answering our calls and we looked everywhere! She literally has an announcement to do in 10 minutes."

Israel spotted Brandon walk towards them with a stern face. He smirked at Israel, then looked at everyone else, "You guys still looking for her?"

"Yes we are. You were with her last, Brandon."

He shrugged, "I left her to get something from my car."

Israel glared at him and turned to walk away. He knew Brandon was lying just to make them go even more frantic.

"Where you going lover boy? Better not be looking for my girl." Brandon shouted at him.

"Do you want help to find her or not?"

"Nah nigga. Just do you."

Israel glared at the guy who seemed to irk his nerves more than Clyde and his own mind combined. He rolled his eyes as he scoffed and went to get some more punch, but went to the bathroom when all that juice hit him down below.

Going towards the stalls, he looked at the side of his derriere and groaned. This ointment need to work faster, bro.

After wiping himself and flushing the toilet with the bottom of his shoe, he went to wash his hands. He snatched pieces of paper towels to dry them off and felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

Ma 👸🏾: Be sure to be home by 11:30 you guys! Church tomorrow :)

Bonnieheadass 🔫: Ugh, why not 11:45? I gotta get my grove on.

Ma 👸🏾: Negro, I said 11:30.

Bonnieheadass 🔫: Okay momma 🤧.

Ma 👸🏾: You got that Israel?

To Ma 👸🏾 and Bonnieheadass 🔫: Yes, I understand.