Home Coming

* Nicole's P.O.V *

I was in the kitchen feeding my 6 month old daughter, when the doorbell rang. " Hold on baby " I said, getting up to answer the door. I walked through the living room to the front door and opened it to reveal a soldier in uniform. ( Which, when you're an army wife, you absolutely dread the thought of ) My heart sped up. "Mrs. Anoa'i"? He questioned "yes"? I replied almost whispering.

"May I come in"? He asked politely " Sure" I replied, moving aside so He could get through. I led him to the couch and sat down. "Um... Would you like something to drink"? I questioned. " No thank you" he replied I turned quickly and went into the kitchen, picking up my daughter, bringing her into the living room and laying her in her play pen. I then went and sat next to the man. "Is everything alright"? I questioned, almost choking on my words. " Mrs. Anoa'i, your husband has been in an accident," He said coldly. " Is he okay"? I asked, almost dreading the answer. " He'll be okay, there was an explosion, your husband was blown 60ft away. When we got the news, we sent a team out to retrieve them, but, we only found two, Derrick, your husband and his k-9." He finished. " We canceled the operation, we're sending him home in a few days" he said, my heart jumped in excitement. Joe's been gone for almost 5 months. After the news was given, he quickly left.