''Right, but that anything is to make me happy. You are the only friend of my brother whom they didn't turn into my brother. Do you get it? Since we were kids, any of Bhai's or Veer's friends automatically became my brothers , technically I have many so called brothers on this planet. I don't know why they didn't force you to be one, consider yourself lucky''

''Did they ever wanted you to get married.''

''yes, but with the best one. But that best also had to prove himself good enough for me. Understood?''

I didn't answer. She shook her head, ''He is million things, but he is an amazing brother. He can never do a thing which would hurt me. What happened today was your test.''

''You knew it?'' I asked

''No and neither Ananya, otherwise she would have given me a hint. Instead she asked me not to go to the party. For past 2 days she has been quarrelling with bhai on small things. Now I get it what was it all about.''

''So there is no pairing up between you and him'' She shook her head giving me a relief, ''Then why did you give me that pleading look?''

''Oh that!'' She took a step back, ''That was me testing you, I wanted to know if you have the guts to fight for me. If you would openly claim your right on me.''

I smiled as my brow went up, I took slow steps to her, ''You are so like your brother.''

''I should be, he is epitome of perfection for me.'' She said proudly

''And what am I?'' I asked

''You have to improve on so many things.'' My jaw dropped, she laughed and then ran as I chased er across the green lawn. When I caught her, she came in my arms willingly, ''I love you Adi, and I have made that clear to my brother he would never do anything to hurt me. But you will have to prove that you will keep me safe. He still doesn't trust your mother.''

''I am not planning to settle down back home. We will make our world here, in London.''

''What about your dad? What about those families who survive on your estates?''

''Sooner or later I will get rid of them''

''You mean, you don't want to take the responsibility of all the hard work your ancestors did? That's unfair.'' Now she sounded like my dad

''With my mom, we can never live in peace.''

''Then leave her on me. But don't break  the hearts of the one who have hope on you. You are a leader for them, and you will lead them.''

The girl opposite to me had matured in a big way, she was calm understanding. ''What made you change so much? Some magic''

She chuckled, ''No, I decided to be a better listener and it helped. '' She replied. I stared at her, today the feeling of losing her had shook my core, and I don't want to feel it again. Going on my knees, I held my hand out to her, ''Raksha Rathore, will you marry me.''

She smiled and nodded, ''Yes...yes and a big yes.'' Pulling me up she kissed me once wrapping her arms around my neck. ''Now like a gentle man ask my hand from my family and don't forget to bring yours.'' I nodded, she smiled clapped happily and then added, ''Oh one more thing, I want to meet Anjali, I owe her an apology.''

Cupping her face I pecked her forehead. I adored this new Raksha. ''Can we just leave from here, for sometime.''

''No, I came here with my brother and I am going back with him. No more meeting hiding from the world. We will meet in open as an engaged couple.''

''We will.'' I said, pulling her into my arms. We sat there for long before she got a call from her brother to leave. ''I will come and see Anjali tomorrow and I have few questions for her and you.'' Giving me a peck she walked off, I stood there thinking what could be questions she wanted to throw at me.

***

Third person's POV

''Happy wife.'' Ranvijay asked his beloved wife who stood on the high porch watching the couple with a smile.

''You had no intention of getting Raksha hitched with that cartoon friend of yours.'' He scoffed

''You are not suppose to address a humble host like that.'' He playfully chided her

''Really? But I will, he is such a boastful jerk. Do invite him to Grand Palace and show him what a Palace means. Stupid jerk.'' She made a face. Since the time Ranvijay had introduced his wife to his friend, Ronit had been boasting about saving Ranvijay a number of times during their days together, which Ananya felt hard to believe.

''He is a self made guy, what ever you see today is not something he got from ancestors like me. He faced the hardships to come this far, he had been reminded about his status so many times that now that insult has gotten into his blood. He wants and prove to the world that he is many more things than a simple guy.''

''Fine! But no putting you down.'' Ranvijay caressed her cheek. ''What about his mother, she has been hunting bride for Adi. She will again try blackmailing him to get back at you by hurting Raksha , snatching Adi from her.''

''That's Adi's ultimate test. He will have to fight for what he loves. I expect him to, my sister is precious.'' Ranvijay said looking towards the couple with a smile.

''I wish I too would have got that chance of courtship with you.'' Ananya said placing her hand on to his on the railing.

''You wouldn't have given me a chance , you hated me.'' He replied

''I would have if you would have shown me the real Ranvijay.'' She said staring into his eyes. He smiled pulling her closer, ''Doesn't matter love, I am just too happy for all the moments I got with you.''

She nodded, ''I hope this stays forever.''

''It will...even if I am not there.''

''Why are you talking like that Ranvijay?'' A sudden fear gripped her heart. He caressed her head, ''Anu, life is uncertain. All we can do is live it to the fullest and  am going to do it, with you.''

''i don't what to talk lets go home.'' She turned away from him. He was her life and he couldn't dream one without him. Gently turning her to him he lifted her chin up, ''You are one of the strongest woman I have ever known. Promise me, if at some point if anything goes wrong you will stand straight and face everything just like you are doing now, standing tall by my side. ''

She didn't answer, her eyes lowered she went lost in his words. Why would he say such things now when all was going well. ''Promise me Queen.''

''I promise! But I promise you one more thing , even if you want to I  won't let you leave. There can be no Ananya without Ranvijay as there can be no Ranvijay without Anu.'' He stared into her eyes, there was a strange determination in her eyes. Something he had fallen for. He hugged her tight, ''I know!''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done with one more. This story is too going to come to end in 5-6 more updates. Don't forget to vote.

Next- A shock...

''