Chapter 32 - Rumours

Famous film producer, mother of superstar Vikram Varma, Latha was admitted in hospital, day before yesterday. The 50-year-old lady, reportedly experienced sudden fluctuation in Blood Pressure. Sources close to the family report that it is nothing life threatening and she was discharged from the hospital the following day. 

Vikram Varma was seen spending the night in the hospital taking care of his mother while his alleged girlfriend Shubha Narayan helped him...

"Since when am I his alleged girlfriend? Until last week, Dhwani was his fiancee to be." Shubha remarked.

"You don't know?" Rukhsar frowned. "Since the release of your blockbuster movie your relationship has been the talk of the town. There have been reports of your future mother-in-law, Latha garu, requesting you to stay at her house to plan your wedding. And you gave up your career as a scientist to star in this film alongside your husband to be--"

"Let me just stop you there." Shubha interrupted her. "I agree our pair is good. But how come everything changed so suddenly? Where is this news coming from? Don't they care about authenticity?"

"News channels and authenticity?" Rukhsar chuckled. "Nope."

Shubha shook her head. "Naveen says Latha aunty has been taken home. I will meet her this afternoon. I'm going to sleep."

"Let me give you medicines." Rukhsar forced her to gulp down a tablet. "I won't let you go anywhere if your temperature doesn't decrease."

"Okay madam." Shubha went to sleep.

Rukhsar started searching for a flat online, when she heard the doorbell ring. She opened the door to find Vikram and Naveen standing there. "Hello Rukhsar garu." Vikram greeted her. "Naveen told me Shubha is here."

She smiled at him. "Do I know you?" 

Naveen burst out laughing. Vikram checked whether he was wearing sunglasses. To his dismay, he wasn't. "It's me, Vikram. Your favourite actor."

"Currently you are the man who hurt my best friend. Ideally, I shouldn't be talking to you."

"Rukhsar garu please. My mother has a message for Shubha." Vikram requested very politely. "Please. Let me in, at least for her."

She nodded. They went inside. "What do you have to talk to her?"

"I'll ask her to forgive me if possible--"

"Excuse me! You are expecting too much. Don't expect McAloo Tikki from KFC." Rukhsar said angrily. Naveen whistled and clapped his hands.

Vikram didn't find it funny. Yet he forced a smile. "Excellent dialogue. I'll use it in my next movie."

"Stop praising her. It won't work." Naveen remarked, grinning. Vikram glared at him.

"She is sleeping. She's got fever. Talk to her after she wakes up" said Rukhsar.

"Fever?" Vikram took a deep breath. "It's because of me. Right?"

The look on his face was so miserable that her expression softened instantly. "Vikram garu, it's not because of you. A lot has happened in last 24 hours. She won the battle with her uncle yesterday. Yes. We have been planning this since the day I tricked him into deleting the data. After that incident, I submitted a confidential report to Dr. Gupta describing how Ramesh uncle was responsible for wasting resources and money. Dr. Gupta was convinced that Ramesh uncle is the culprit and Shubha is the victim."

"Cleared of all charges?" 

"Yes. We were expecting that evil man to come to her and we were ready with a plan. We would trick him into taking the complaint back and giving us complete rights on the research. After that we will throw him out and never let him work with us again."