Chapter 11 - I'm Sorry

'You did what?' Pragathi typed after reading Vikram's message in their group chat.

'Vicky boy... you have been a complete idiot' Chris replied.

'I didn't expect this from you' Dhwani replied.

'Naveen... why are you silent bro?' asked Pragathi.

'I went to get some tea. I like drama. You guys continue. Let me enjoy.' Naveen replied.

'I know I have been an idiot. I need your help now.' Vikram texted.

They gave a lot of suggestions which included apologizing, giving a bunch of flowers, thinking of a new ship name etc., He disliked all of them. He decided to talk to her normally as if everything was fine. Like the conversation never happened.

He went to have dinner. He made a list of things to discuss during dinner. 'These topics will make her forget being mad at me. She will talk normally again.' He sat down by the table and waited for her.

"Where is Shubha?" asked Latha.

"Shubha madam is not feeling well. She said she will have her dinner in her room later" said the maid.

"What happened to her?"

"Nothing serious madam. Just head ache."

"She must be tired. This food is too spicy. Ask her to eat fruits for dinner" said Latha.

"I'll take them to her" said Vikram immediately. "Well, I have something to discuss with her. About the, er, the upcoming scenes of the film."

"Okay." Latha didn't suspect anything.

He finished his dinner quickly and went towards Shubha's room taking a bowl of fruits. "Hello Shubha."

"Hello sir. What brings you here at this hour?" Her tone was extra-polite which made him understand she was still angry.

"These are for you. Mom sent it." He gave her the bowl. She started eating apple slices from the bowl.

"I er, I made a deduction. Your favourite disney princess is Snow White. Right?" He asked.

"What?"

"Because you are eating apple slices when there are so many other fruits." He pointed towards the apple. "Just like Snow White. She likes apples. She almost dies after the Queen makes her eat poisoned apples."

Shubha looked at the apple slice suspiciously. She put it aside. "Oh! Come on. I didn't poison it." Vikram sighed.

"I know. I won't go to the extent of accusing you of poisoning me. I am not foolish."

"Why don't you trust people?" Vikram asked what he has been trying to understand since she met him.

"I have trust issues. Trusting someone blindly will ruin a person." She answered.

"I disagree. I trusted you. You didn't break my trust. You just need to find the right person to trust blindly" said Vikram.

"That's my point. The right person. But when you are not wise enough to conclude whether the person is good enough to be trusted or not, the best option is to trust no one."

Vikram detected pain her voice. Pain that had nothing to do with their conversation about ship name. It was much more intense than that. Suddenly he realized, behind the exterior of a strong, intelligent and brave girl, there was a broken heart.

"Shubha" He was careful not to address her as Subbu. "If you need anything do tell me. I will get it for you."

"Thank you sir." She didn't let him speak any further.