1.8 (Part 2)

When Hillary took a peek at him, she saw how his pair of red and blue eyes glow with an intent to kill.

This man... Why is he looking for me? Is the story progressing on its own?

"Mora!" Matt called suddenly, waking Hillary back to her senses. "Take my wife to a place somewhere safe..."

"Yes, Crown Prince..." A nearby voice said but no one appeared. No matter where Hillary looked, she could not spot a single person.

"Come with me, Princess Consort..." Out of nowhere, a hand suddenly appeared near Hillary, scaring her for a moment.

"Go with her. You'll be safe..." Matt reassured before Hillary hesitantly took that hand that popped out of nowhere.

When she touched that hand, a bright light covered her whole before she vanished into thin air. Only the Crown Prince and the Dark King were left, entangling in a battle that would be forever imprinted in the minds of the elves, both noble and of common hierarchy.

When Hillary opened her eyes, she was met by familiar cold eyes that stared intently back at her. She was surprised and didn't hesitate to run just to hug him.

"No." Devon said as he evaded the Princess.

Hillary looked hurt but when she fully saw that Devon was merely a lingering spirit, she gasped. "A-Are you d-dead?"

"Of course not." A high pitched voice sounded which attracted Hillary's attention to it. To her another surprise, she had finally meet the heroine of the original story together with Prince Drake, the younger brother of the heroine's betrothed - Prince Duke. "We're only on our spiritual form in order to visit you here. Shame on you to curse us to our deaths--" Before Cynthia could even talk for more, a sudden knock bolted over her head which quieted her down.

"Aw, stop it!" Cynthia whined.

"Quit talking." Prince Drake reprimanded. "As a Princess from the Avalon Kingdom, you should know how to show respect from someone higher than you..."

Cynthia pouted and refused to abide as she said, "Aside from being my older cousin, what position could she have. Her kingdom already perished so she's just a lowly commoner now. Though the rumors of her outstanding beauty is true but what can it do to help her. What kind of Princess is she if she doesn't have --"