Chapter 17|| jealous

J U L I E T T E

J U L I E T T E

The whole car ride Richard kept looking over to me, cuz he knew he fucked up. I pretended to look out the window, but caught him out of the corner of my eye. Truth is, I was starting to feel things for Richard, but he's always been a fuck boy and I can't expect him to just stop just because I'm here. It hurts yes, but it is what it is, and I'm not here to be his girl, just to pretend.

"Juliette, we're here." Richard told me, and the crowd of paparazzi was already there. We linked hands as we stepped out of the limo and the cameras blinded my vision, but I had to keep a smile on my face and try not to squint for the sake of the pictures. Richard led me behind him and when a paparazzi tried to touch me Richard was quick to pull me close to him and shoot the guy a death glare. His grip on me tightened to the point where I knew it would leave marks and he was red in the face.

"Richard, it's okay I'm fine." I whispered, but he didn't seem to hear me and just kept looking at the guy. I used my hands to make him turn to me, our faces so close to each other, but I was looking firmly into his eyes. "I'm fine, don't worry about it." His eyes softened when he heard my voice and he just went to the guy before we headed inside.

"Don't ever touch her again, you hear me." The guy gulped when Richard said this, and he turned away and left when Richard let go of his shirt. I grabbed Richards hand and pulled him inside before he could do something else.

"Good evening, welcome to—" the nice lady began to speak.

"Good evening, yes we have reservations, under the name R and J." Richard spoke huskily, searching his wallet for some kind of paper. He passed it to the lady and she crossed us out of her list. We followed her to seats near the window, but in a corner so we could have privacy but the paparazzi can still see us. Their flashes blinded my vision even though they were some 15 feet away.

"R and J?" I chuckled, thinking of Romeo and Juliette. Richard looked up at me and nodded softly.

"Are you okay?" He asked me as he runs his hands through his hair, stopping to look at me in my eyes.

"I'm fine," I answer honestly, propping my elbows on the table. All of a sudden there's more flashes, and Richard frowns then turns to me, looking at my cleavage.

R I C H A R D

"Oh, shit." I mumble as I realize the paparazzi was taking more shots because Juliette's boobs popped out more in that position. "Yeah...don't do that." I tell her and she takes the hint and sits back instead.

"Listen, I know you're mad about what happened earlier..." I began. "Don't worry about it she's just some girl." It felt weird to say that because before Juliette I saw Jocelyn like a goddess and I never got over her. But slowly over the course of the past almost month I've been able to get over her.

"What do I have to do for you to forgive me?" I ask her, reaching out for her tiny hand and placing mine over it protectively.

"Richard there's nothing to do," she said with a fake smile on her face for the paparazzi's sake. "Remember? I work for you and that's it. It was wrong of me to keep you from seeing girls in your own house, because either way you're still seeing them and spending the night with them. It...It just doesn't matter okay? Now excuse me I have to go to the bathroom." Juliette had a glossy look on her eye but she looked away before I could spot it and realize she was on the verge of tears. I watch her leave, feeling helpless. After all I guess she really does like me back, and I might have fucked everything up between us.

"Are you okay?" I ask when she comes and sits back down. She looks so perfect and beautiful that I cant help but stare.

She nods and the waiter comes to take our order.

"Good evening, welcome to—" the waiter starts of monotone, but when he sees Juliette he stops, looks at her and practically begins to drool right in front of me. I snap my fingers before him.

"Get down from whatever fucking cloud your on and stop looking at my girl like that," I speak firmly, clearly annoyed by this guy. Juliette looks at me when I call her my girl and I see her smile a bit which warms my heart.

"Y-Yes, sir." The guy gulps and looks back down at his writing pad. As he fucking should. "What could I get for you tonight?"

"If you weren't so busy looking at my girlfriend then you would have known I handed the receptionist a piece of paper confirming the orders I had placed before hand," I spoke again. The guy nodded like a little bitch then turned and ran off.

As we waited for the food I noticed guys from all over the room were looking at Juliette. My hands softened and my breathing became even in realization. Of course they would, and how could I even blame them? She's incredibly sexy, and everything about her is beautiful. Like everyone else she had her flaws too, but you just look at her and can't pin point anything bad. She's so pure and innocent.

"Richard?" Juliette asks, catching my attention. "Don't get so worked up remember it's only pretend I'll be fine."

"Listen, you're probably used to this treatment, but I'm not. And as long as I'm by your side all of these fuckers have to respect you," I stated, looking into her beautiful eyes. "No guy should talk to you like that."

"This is how you talk to girls though," she pointed out in a low voice. "When you flirt with them?"

I gulped.

She was right. I was being ignorant.

"I-I uh..."

Just then the pendejo from earlier showed up, placing our food before us then shooing away again. He didn't even dare look at Juliette, which I'm glad he didn't otherwise things would have gotten out of hand.

I dug in, just wanting to eat and get out of there. Juliette was uneasy, and I could tell because she pushed her food around on her plate and had a fake smile on her face as our eyes met and flashes from outside blinked at us.

"Are you—"

"Yes, I'm fine, don't worry about it." She said through a fake smile. I lost my appetite from seeing her like this. I had to do something to make it up to her.

To show her I cared.

•••

GET READY FOR WHATS COMING NEXT.