Part 9|| crushing

R I C H A R D

                     R I C H A R D

I had to admit, Juliette looked stunning. Every corner we turned people turned to look at her, and guys were quick to introduce themselves. I had never had a girl like this by my side, someone everyone gravitated towards. I was usually the center of attention, but it seems like things are changing. And I'm not mad about it...

"She's beautiful," Yashua tells me as we sip from glass cups. I grin against the glass between my lips. We watched her dance with Joel and Becky, along with other friends of ours.

"She's aight." I shrug, not wanting to look interested all of a sudden. She's just an ordinary girl...no biggie.

"Would you mind if I make a move on her ?" Yashua proposes, and I almost choke on the rum because of it. "I mean think about it, she can fulfill her duties with you out in public, and I can fulfill hers and mine under the sheets."

My fists balled at my sides when Yashua said that last part. It angered me for him to look at her that way, she's so innocent and pure. "I think you've had to much to drink, Yashua." I rip the cup from his hands, resisting the urge to punch him.

"Bro, why you sound angry all of a sudden? I thought you didn't care." He chuckles, picking the cup back up and finishing the shot.

"It's not that I care or don't, it's that she's working for me, bro. You can't get involved with her, and much less have sex with her. That could ruin everything I worked so hard for," I spoke, biting back the anger in my voice.

"It won't ruin anything. You're just mad because I could have something you can't. She's scared shitless around you," He tells me, and my fists relax at that last part. Sure I wasn't nice to her (but I wasn't really nice to anyone) but had I really made her this afraid?

"She's not, she's just nervous. She's only been here for three days, it's normal for her to be all scared and nervous." I stall, but Yashua seems to buy into it.

"You got that," He nods and pats my shoulder. "But when she falls for me don't be too surprised, big bro."

                  J U L I E T T E

Richard's brother Yashua kept his eyes glued on me almost all night. I could never escape him, whenever I went somewhere I always turned to see him a couple of steps away. He was sweet and all, but I was weirded out.

"You ok?" Zabdiel, one of Richard's band members asks in a sweet Spanish accent.

"Si, Zabdiel. Gracias por preguntar," I thank.

"No estés nerviosa, eres un amor, todos están locos contigo." Zabdiel assures and I can't help but smile really big at his compliment. This boy sure knew what to say, and on top he was super sweet.