minsung 1.0

2013

Life isn't fair; and life would never be fair.

Why did all the other boys my age get to have fun and relax when I had to work nonstop?

That was something Lee Minho wondered a lot.

Today, the university's music club is starting a project on composing songs reminiscing childhood. While everyone is exploding with the most unique and fascinating ideas, Minho felt like a blank staff — all of the lines and spaces are empty, not even a single rest is present.

His childhood, consisted of academics, academics, and more academics.

As he was walking towards his first music theory class, Minho tried to think about a time he wasn't working on anything academic.

There was this one time where he watched Shakespeare's Hamlet.

It was for a paper.

He really had to convince his parents to let him take music theory— he promised he would ace the class and it wouldn't affect him majoring in pharmaceutical studies.

Hmm.

Maybe he won't come up with ideas; he'll just help arrange the music.

Entering the classroom, he sighs. He had hoped that college would mean more freedom, but it still felt like his parents are watching him; making sure he was in the top 1%.

That made him shudder.

"Psh," someone laughed beside him. Confused, Minho turned to look to where the laugh came from. His eyes met with another pair of eyes belonging to a boy who looked a little younger than him. Minho felt like he saw sparkles in the boy's eyes— as if he was staring at crystals that reflected the light shining on it. His smile is breath-taking.

Wait. What was he thinking? Minho tried to clear his thoughts. You can't feel this way about... a guy. It's not ri-

"Sorry, you suddenly shuddered and I kNOW, you probably just got the chills but— somehow I found it really funny."

Uh... the heck?

"Oh, haha..." Minho awkwardly smiles and avoids eye-contact with the stranger. A really good-looking dude just found him shuddering really funny.

"Ah... sorry that was really weird and random," this face is illegal. "I'm Han Jisung, you?"

"Mmm, don't worry about it. I'm Lee Minho, nice to meet you."

"Lee Minho? You're that valedictorian freshman, right?"

Minho was shocked that the attractive stranger knew of him. "Um... yeah..."

Minho felt so awkward. His parents should've valued social skills as much as they valued grades.

Jisung chuckled. "Well, it's great meeting you, Minho."

This is gonna be a long year.