That's when I felt the smell of meet and onions spreading through the room and widened my eyes. It was so nice. My and Colton's eyes crossed, we had the same hungry, surprised expression.

"Can you feel that?", I asked him and he nodded in return, gazing around the room.

"What is going on? No one is supposed to be home. ", Colton said and we both stood up, trying to find the source of this delightfulness.

Two of us looked around the whole place but found nothing and no one in none of the rooms. We even woke Colton's dad Christopher while searching for that food. He kept lazily lying on his bed though, just reading the newspaper.

Colton and I came back to the living room, exhausted and disappointed.

"Maybe the neighbors are making something. I don't know anymore. ", I said as I leaned on the open door connecting the living room and the hallway.

I heard a squeak and I jumped back. The door moved from the wall and Colton and I both screamed when the figure of a small, curly-haired girl entered our view. She was chewing on kebabs and salad, holding up a Batman comic book.

We both breathed away as we recognized her.

"What are you two idiots doing making so much noise around the house? Can't a girl eat her meal in peace?", she complained.

Colton angrily walked towards her, scared out of his pants. "What are you doing here, Laura? When did you come?"

"About twenty minutes ago. "

"Why are you hiding behind the door?", I asked, frowning out of confusion.

She rolled her eyes and stood up, grabbing her things. Her brown hair covered her shoulders as she walked.

"Because I knew you'd take my food if you knew I was here. "

"I can't believe we didn't see you!", Colton tugged at his hair as the three of us now sat on the couch.

"I sneaked in. "

We both stared at her food, our mouths and eyes watering from the view and the smell. Laura sighed as she passed us the bag with a bowl inside.

"Here. ", she told us and we started digging in.

"Why were you reading that in my house?", Colton asked her as he chewed.

"I just didn't feel like being at my place. ", Laura shrugged.

"Are aunt Liz and uncle George fighting again?", he questioned quietly and Laura nodded her head 'yes', uninterested.

"When I want to take my mind off of something, I do math problems. ", I suddenly said and two of them looked at me like I was crazy. "What?"

"Get out of my house, nerd. ", my best friend said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious. It helps me concentrate on one thing. I love math. "

Laura laughed. "Don't say that out loud. "

"What's going on?", Chris walks into the room and his eyes softened when he saw Laura with us. "Oh hey. "

"Hi uncle Chris. ", Laura greeted him and continued reading her comic.

I finally found SpongeBob on TV.

Present

I highly doubt Laura remembers the time I revealed I loved math in front of her and Colton. She's probably forgotten all about our days together, anyway. It's not like we can be as open with each other, the three of us, as we were back then. It was just an innocent childhood. 

My walk continues on the outside, making its final steps on the crispy snow. It's snowing lightly and the sky is white. I feel sleepy and decide that I am hungry now too after my little flashback.

I hope Laura passes math as well. I helped her sometimes for the past month.

When I get to the nearest fast food restaurant, I check the time on my phone.

Twenty minutes left until exam's over.

I see the familiar guy figure walking towards me with a smile etched on his face. My hands tremble and I recognize it's my roommate.

Ethan.

The guy who slept with my ex-girlfriend, hid the fact that he had a thing with Laura from me and also cheated on one of my close friends, Lexi.

You always know after a while if the friendship is right or if it's not even friendship from the beginning. I headed for that discovery. I am gonna interrogate him bad.

°°°°°°°°°°

Leave me a vote and a comment!! See ya!