To my surprise, there were not two, but three people in the kitchen. Jen, and two guys. The shorter of the two came forward. “I’m Dale,” he said. His voice was not the deep voice I had heard earlier.

I shook his hand and introduced myself. I looked over to the dirty-blond guy standing by the counter. Wow. He was taller than I was, but probably only 5’11”. Not that it mattered. He was gorgeous; he had muscly arms and was wearing jeans with a sleeveless shirt, showing off his tan. His hair was probably made from spun gold, I decided. When I looked his way, he jumped up, eager to meet me. “I’m Oliver.”

“Vic,” I said, reaching for his hand. His hands were warm and strong, though there was sadly no spark when our hands met. He nodded, smiling.

“Ready to go?” Jen asked me. Without giving me time to answer, she started pushing us all to the door.

“Where’s the party at?” I wondered aloud, following everyone else into the car that was in out driveway.

“It’s at Marty’s house. I heard it’s going to be epic,” Oliver gushed.

“They say that about every party, though, and none of them have delivered,” came Dale’s voice from the driver’s seat.

“I wouldn’t say that, you met me at a party last year,” Jen voiced. Dale looked over at her, winking.

Oliver feigned gagging, sending everyone but Dale into a fit of giggles.

When we pulled up to the house, I almost thought we had gone to Buckingham Palace by accident. The place was huge, not to mention very nice. The hedges in the front yard were works of modern art, cut to perfection. I couldn’t believe it was such a short distance from my own house.

“Do you think Jay’s gonna be here?” Oliver asked Dale.

“I don’t think so, he said he’s making a film tonight.”

Jennette led the way into the massive house, heading straight to the kitchen and getting herself a drink. She offered me one, too, but I declined. I didn’t drink; never saw the appeal. The entire house reeked of liquor and stale smoke, like something out of a nightmare. The couches were filled with people chatting among themselves, looking quite happy. I bet they weren’t though. I bet they were all bored with their lives and that was the real reason they were here. I noticed that several of the paintings on the wall had been knocked askew. Did these people even know what they were doing? It would drive me insane.

She walked me around the house and introduced me to some of the people there. I didn’t remember any of their names for longer than twenty seconds, but it was a nice gesture. She saw someone in the distance and squealed, taking my wrist and leading me in their direction.

She introduced me to her friend, exclaiming how great of a person she was. Jennette flung her arm around her friend, reminiscing about university with her. I scooted off to the side, not wanting to be a third-wheel and wandered off on my own. The hallways were long, with ten doors in each one. The stairs were the last door, so I took them. Upstairs was more mellow than the lower level of the house, with less people (but still more than I had ever been around recreationally.) and better lighting. I decided to explore the gargantuan house a bit more, walking around and opening this door and that. The first door I opened was a second kitchen and on more than one occasion I opened a door to a couple getting very intimate. I wondered how people didn’t care, like there were other people in the house, gross.

I did find one room that I enjoyed a lot. Artwork lined the walls, drawings of made up creatures here and there. There were several cases with strange and fantastic sculptures in them. There was a camera on the desk and a couch near a window. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, dimly lighting the room, giving it an edgy sense. I could come in here and write for hours, whiling away eternity. I wandered over to the desk, looking at a picture in a frame. Woah. The guy in the photo was breathtaking. Was he a model? He should be.

I went over to the couch in front of a window and sat, looking over the lawn. I don’t know how long I sat there, staring through the window, but when I came out of my trance, a hand was on my shoulder. I looked up to see who it belonged to, looking a man straight in the eye. It was him, the guy from the picture. Beautiful eyes, too. Not that that was his only attribute that I enjoyed; He was tall, like, 6’2”, with fair skin and dark curls covering his forehead. I stood, turning around and reaching my hand out to shake his. He didn’t shake mine.

“Why are you in my studio?” he demanded. Woah, this guy’s voice was deep and smooth, like something out of a dream. Wow.

I cough, taking my hand back. “I’m... I,” I stammered after recovering from the coughing.

“Yeah, that’s exactly what I thought. Get out,” he said, putting his hand on my shoulder once again and ushering me out of the room. “Who did you come with?”

Finally, a question I knew the answer to. “Jennette, Dale and Oliver,” I informed him.

He stopped, massaging his temples and muttering something that sounded like he was going to wring their necks. “Alright, where’s Jen?”

“You know her?” I asked.

“Of course I know her. I thought she said she was bringing Vic,” he steamed.

Maybe I should consider just going by ‘Vicky,’ or plain old ‘Victoria’ to avoid confusion. “I am Vic. It’s short for--”

“I don’t care what it’s short for,” he yelled.

Ouch. The hot boy just dissed me. I nodded, walking out of the room, finding the way back to the stairs. The first floor was crowded more now than it was before I went upstairs. It was still easy to find the front door, however, and soon enough I was well on my way home. On foot. It wasn’t a long walk, nothing excruciating, and I was glad I went with the converse because God knows the walk home would have been more than uncomfortable in heels. I sighed, putting the key in the door and slipping inside.

~*~

So guys, that was the next chapter. Tell me what you guys think in the comments, vote if you liked it, sulk in a corner if you didn't like it. Haha, just kidding about the sulking in the corner thing. But not anything else, yeah, so byeee