Chapter 45

Great Time

Days had past but the same goes on between me and Caius. He became very busy lately at work that he would come home almost midnight and leave early. I don't know if those are all in the hospital but there is a time that I would pretend to be asleep when he comes home at midnight, he will silently walk around the room, went take a shower and then he will come to bed next to me.

There is a time we shared breakfast together and we just had small conversations but the space is there. It is a little bothersome but call me weak and stupid but I just still couldn't help but get hurt whenever I see him. I badly want to make up with him but whenever our eyes connect, I want to cry and move away from him. It is hard. Every night I would cry and pray for some strength too.

My morning sickness is getting worse. I can't even eat properly in the morning. I never thought being pregnant will be this hard but everything surely will be worth it at the end.

Dizziness always happen especially when I am at work and it is becoming very troublesome. I can't even participate in meetings and speak correctly.

One night, I just got out of the shower and I'm waiting for my hair to dry before I go to bed, Caius came home earlier than he usually gets home these past few days. He caught me awake and it feels so long since we talked.

"Hi, welcome home." I softly replied.

Caius turns to me, definitely not expecting me to speak to him. "Hey." he answered back. "You're still up, it's bad for you and our baby."

Our baby...

"I was just about to go to sleep." I murmured, throwing the blanket to spread it on top of me. "How was your day?" It feels so awkward to ask.

Caius stopped from loosing his tie then proceeds eventually. "Stressful. No different from the usual." He stated, now he is unbuttoning his shirt which made me suddenly want to look away. "Did you ate dinner already?"

Jeez, why am I blushing? My hormones is kinda surprising because it seems like I've been longing for my husband since then and I missed his smell so much.

"Yeah, I baked the chocolate cake downstairs, I left them for you." I shyly replied, biting my lower lip. There is no reason to be shy but why am I feeling this mixed grumbling inside my stomach?

A small small forms in his lips. "Yes, I ate it."

Then my cheeks turned red, like my heart was sting. Seriously, I am behaving like I'm not the wife here. But I miss his smiles so much. For our child, I will always love him and will always care for him even after what happened. "I-I'm going to sleep now."

"I will just take a quick shower." He stated before fully taking his clothes off except for his boxers as he paced towards the bathroom.

My face feels hot as I bury it on the pillow. I just don't know how to talk to him again and what topic should we start off.

Not long, I pretended to be asleep when I heard the door of the bathroom opened and I heard his footsteps coming in but quietly. Maybe he thought that I'm already sleeping. I was facing the opposite direction of his side. When the bed deepens on his, I knew that he is gonna lie down as well with me but because of my little act.

The side of the bed deepened as he slips beside me inside the blankets and suddenly felt half of his body hovering me as he gently and carefully snakes an arm around my waist.

My heart clenched when feeling his lips rested on my forehead for few seconds before spooning me on the side.

Tears slowly comes down at the side of my eyes as the situation just feels so heavy around my chest.