twenty-six ✰ c. yelich (mil)

thank me later

for Emily_Darvish

To say I'm nervous as hell would be an understatement

To say I'm nervous as hell would be an understatement. But to make matters worse, as the players are being announced on the field, awaiting the national anthem, something catches my eye. And I really wish I hadn't looked. But as my gaze moves to the bleachers, I see none other than pretty much the whole Milwaukee Brewers roster. My heart stops. Why would a group of major league baseball players be at a softball world series? I mean, sure it's important - to us. But compared to the MLB, it isn't nearly as special. So that leaves me to think, what in the world would make them want to come here? Realizing I'd been staring at the team for a good minute, I quickly look forward once again, afraid I'd been caught looking. And as I turn back for one more fast glance, I realize - I had been caught. Christian Yelich was staring at me, a smirk on his face. Of course it had to be him; the only person I'd really watch any Brewers game for. Trust me when I say this, I don't only watch him because he's absolutely adorable. He's an outfielder and most often plays centre, which just so happens to be my position. I take notes on what he does and how he reacts because his defense is amazing. Christian is kind of my idol, someone who I've learned a lot from and hope to be as good as one day. A smile subconsciously spreads across my face as I recall all of the times I'd watched their games, specifically to see Christian. And to think, he's watching the most important game of my life, he looked at me. If I wasn't nervous before, I sure am now.

After the names had been called and the national anthem played, it was game time. The girls and I head to the dugout, preparing to hit first, seeing as we're the away team. As much as I wanted it to, the thought of Christian Yelich sitting a mere few feet away from me won't leave my mind. But I have to find a way. I need focus. It's game time, baby.

-christian's pov-

The guys and I have an off day and the College Women's Softball World Series just so happened to land on today, in Milwaukee. During the introduction ceremony, I noticed this one girl from the opposing team staring in my direction. And don't get me wrong, a lot of the girls were looking at us. It's not everyday that you have major league players show up to your games. ( lmao that sounded so cocky, sorry christian ) But the centre fielder for Oklahoma didn't seem fazed. She didn't care nor did she lose focus. The only thing she cared about at that moment was the game. I respect that.

I later found out that the girl's name is Brianna, and honestly - she's amazing. While absolutely dominating in the outfield, she's also got an amazing bat. There's just something about watching her play that's - exciting. You can tell she loves the game. Oddly, while I got lost in only focussing on Brianna, our home team started falling behind - a lot. The score was 4 - 0 for Oklahoma in the bottom of the sixth. Bases loaded and two outs, one of our star hitters, Riley, steps to the plate. The ball comes straight down the middle; a swing and a miss. The next pitch almost gets passed the catcher, but she holds it down; holding the runners as well. By the third pitch, Riley's got this pitcher figured out. Another ball comes barreling straight down the middle, and Riley swings like there's no tomorrow. The ball continues to carry as the whole crowd stands. This might tie the game, a grand slam. The ball continues to fly farther out towards centre field, Brianna continues to run with it. And as it sails over the fence, it falls right into her glove as she hangs onto the fence with one arm. Holding the ball in her glove, the rest of her team cheers as the umpire calls the out.

"Holy shit." I breathe out, along with the rest of my team. As Brianna jumps down off of the fence, she throws the ball in, running back to the dugout with pride. As much I want to root for Milwaukee, I'd have to say - that play was pretty fucking amazing.

-brianna's pov-

I don't even know what to say right now. We...we just won the fucking World Series! My teammates and I all dog pile on top of one another, as we're all completely unable to contain our happiness and excitement. After what seemed like hours of celebration, who thought things could get any better. And then I was announced the MVP of the World Series. THE FREAKING MVP. At this point, I could barely breathe. I can barely talk. I'm just...so overwhelmed. This is the best day of my life.

Finally getting myself out of the small clubhouse in the stadium, I took several deep breaths. The girls and I are heading out for a night for some drinks and, who am I kidding, we're having a lot of fucking drinks. It's celebration time, baby! I've decided to quickly head home first to take a quick shower and change before meeting the rest of my team. And as I step foot into the parking lot, I feel a gentle hand brush against my shoulder. I turn around to see the one and only - Christian Yelich. My jaw drops. My hearts stops. I stop walking. He flashes a small smile as I turn to look at him, and let's just say, that gets my heart beating again.

"Hey, uhm, Brianna right?" He asks. But the thing is, I don't answer him - I can't answer him. My nerves have completely taken over, My idol is literally standing right in front of me. HE KNEW MY NAME. I flash him an extremely shy smile, giving a little nod. He smiles back.

"Well, I just wanted to tell you how amazing you were all game. I mean, you can hit. But in the outfield, you're crazy good, Brianna. You really deserved to win MVP." My palms immediately become extremely sweaty. Really, he should be congratulating himself. I learned most of what I know from watching him.

"Thank you so much, Christian. It really means a lot coming from you," He looks confused at that last part. I'd really like to clarify for him but I feel like I'm going to sound so stupid. Christian continues to stare at me with a puzzled expression. My cheeks must be the colour of a tomato by now.

"Well, you're kind of my idol. I've watched you play centre for so long, and really, I've learned so much from you." I say, somewhat quickly. I just wanted to get everything out without sounding like an idiot but I feel like I may have done exactly that.

"You learned from watching me?" He asks, pointing to himself. I offer another shy nod and he lets out a small chuckle. I knew that was a bad idea.

"Well then I guess you should be thanking me. You're clearly as amazing as you are as a result of my help." At this point, I can't really tell if he's joking or not. But I decide to play along.

"You're so right, Christian. How could I ever repay you?" I say with a huge laugh. And then suddenly, he reaches towards my hand, lightly wrapping his around mine. My heartbeat quickens.

"You could let me take you on a date?" Even though before I thought we were joking around, now, I really hope he isn't. And just seeing the sincere look plastered on his face, I don't think he is.

"Well, Christian. I would say yes but," Seeing his face fall, it breaks me. If he really thinks I'm rejecting him right now, I guess he'll just have to wait to find out.

"I have a victory to celebrate with my girls. Could we...reschedule?" I say, plastering the brightest smile on my face. Watching as his face lights up once again just makes this moment so much better. Christian lightly squeezes my hand, looking down to meet my eyes, his tall structure towering over me.

"Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow."

-

sooooo the endings a lil awkward so i'm just gonna warn you now haha i really need to learn how to write in more detail like this is actual trash, i'm so sorry emily 😂😂 anyways ! i really hope you like it girl !! ❤️

pS ; don't get me wrong , giancarlo is the loml haha BUT CHRISTIAN IS JUST TOO FREAKING CUTE IM DONE BYE

and i miss his long hair uGH

jillian