Twenty Eight: The Untold Truth

{Harry's POV}

Peter and I had made our way back to the cottage. Anger and confusion coursed through my body as I thought about Elle and her magic. I felt betrayed and used. It made me feel like her feelings towards me were fake. For all I know she could have cursed me to fall for her. Knowing this, it made me want to leave and go back to my castle. But if I did, I would be unhappy there as well.

The ride back was mainly silent. Unlike before, Peter slouched as he rode and, instead of having his head high like royalty, it was down. I didn't like to see him unhappy. But I also didn't know exactly why he was troubled, he had said he already knew about Elle's magic.

"You alright mate?" I asked, with a chipper sound to my voice.

"Yeah. I mean- I've been better..." He answered.

"What's bothering you?"

He wore an uneasy expression, he bit his lip and squinted his eyes. "It's just.. I don't really know how I feel about Elle's magic. Honestly, we were doing fine without it. But now that she knows, she's had to take on responsibilities that I don't think she can handle."

"Like killing my father..?" I said with my head down.

"That wasn't her idea. But yes, that's one of them..."

"How did you find out about her mag-?"

"-Shh!" He interrupted. He looked around suspiciously, scanning the forest. I don't know what he heard or saw but I reckon it wasn't good.

"You should probably hop on. We need to get out of here." He said quietly.

I furrowed my eyebrows but did as I was told. I jumped on top of Luna and set her off. We continued in the direction we were headed.

"What exactly are we running for?!" I shouted over Luna's loud galloping.

"There was someone back there! I couldn't take the chance!"

Out of no where, Luna suddenly reared and whinnied. Peter wrapped his arms around my torso to stop himself from falling off.

"Whoaaa!" I said trying to calm her down. Once she stood back on her four legs, I saw a women smiling at Luna.

"What a beautiful horse." She said petting down Luna's nose.

"What do you want?" Peter said rudly. I turned to him in question. He spoke as if he knew who this woman was. I noticed his glare at the lady as she smiled at him.

"Why Peter is that any way to talk to a friend? Elle would be quite disappointed in you." She said sweetly. She was a fairly old lady. However she was very pretty. Long blonde locks, fair skin, pretty green eyes. It was hard for me to believe that Peter had a reason to hate this woman. "Speaking of Elle, it's a shame what happened to her. I see you've found a new friend to keep you company."

"She's not dead. The king let her go." Peter explained.

Her green eyes turned to a darker shade and her sweet smile dropped to a confused frown. "Let her go? So she's alive?"

"Yes, and as a matter of fact, she should be returning back to the cottage any minute. Now if you'll excuse us." Peter nudged me to keep going and as I started to, the woman grew panicked.

"Wait!" She shouted. "H-how did she make it out alive?"

"I'm sorry but who are you?" I asked letting that burning question finally let loose.

"My name is Anita." She curtsied. "And you?"

"Harry." I answered. "Perhaps you could keep us company whilst we wait for Elle to return? I'm sure she would enjoy seeing a familiar face."

"Harry.." Peter hissed.

It made no sense as to why he hated this woman so. I could see no faults in her.

"Thank you for your offer but I must be returning home. I've buisness to attend to." She smiled as she walked away nervously. I waited for her to completely disappear before I engaged in conversation with Peter.

"Why were you so hostile towards her?" I asked, with a confused smile.

"That woman is not all of what she shows. I haven't quite figured it out but she has a darkness to her that I can clearly see."

"What has she done that could possibly be considered dark?" I laughed.

"Order Elle to kill your father.."

{Anita's POV}

Biting my nail, I paced back and forth through my cottage. Elle was alive! She can't be alive! She committed high treason against the king! I couldn't understand for the life of me why she was still roaming this kingdom? The king has grown soft! My uneasyness grew as I knew my plan had taken a minor set back.

"Cloveal!" I said revealing the location of Elle. I watched as she laughed with another wizard. It looked as if he was teaching Elle new spells. She was so powerful that I didn't know if I could even stand a chance. Seeing her preform her magic both delighted and scared me. It's just that wand! If that kind of power is stored in it, then I would be as powerful as her, however if she continues to learn the ways of a witch, my chances of getting the wand were becoming less.

^*^*^*^*^*^

VOTE && COMMENT

NEXT CHAPTER:
"Royalty"