Thirty Nine: And All has Lead to This...

Elle's POV

"Motovūer!" I shouted with my wand positioned in the direction of the castle's gate. Eric and I entered through.

It didn't take long for the alarm bells to sound and the guards to reach their posts. Without hesitation arrows came shooting in my direction. I waved the wand and the arrows bounced off of the small form of Spatium Protegere. Eric also cast a few spells, he blew guards out of their posts, suspended some against the wall, and redirected arrows. He was skilled in a way that I didn't understand.

When we reached the castle doors, I wondered how to get through them. I knew there would be guards waiting on the other side so I didn't exactly know what my next course of action should be.

"Blow it open." Eric instructed. "Your wand is powerful enough."

I took a deep breath. "Gael!"

A force of wind blew from the wand. A force I was barely able to control.

As they were no match, the gigantic doors flew off their hinges and onto the guards waiting to attack. The remaining guards charged at us with a battle cry. I was intimidated for I have never experienced hand to hand combat (or in this case, sword to wand).

The guards came at us with everything they had but we were able to hold our own. Most of my attacks were defensive. I only knew a handful of spells and I still didn't have a full understanding of the power I possessed. I was able keep them off, I injured some but my intent was never to kill, despite that clearly being their goal.

I tried to catch a glimpse of Eric but he was lost in the battle. "Eric!" I called.

It seemed like more and more guards came to attack. I was getting overwhelmed. We were severely outnumbered and in an incredible amount of danger. I felt the energy rising in my body. I knew it was my iotam. I couldn't release it — not on all of these people. My real enemy was somewhere in this castle and I was determined to find him.

The thought of him ignited a rage within me. A vision of my parents crossed my mind as I thought back to the battle where they were killed right in front of me. He deserved to pay. He deserved to die for what he has done to my people. He could never make up for the countless amount of lives he's taken.

I let my iotam loose and released it up into the ceiling. The ceiling started to collapse. Guards started to disperse.

"FALL BACK!" They shouted.

Eric was then revealed protecting himself from the falling rubble. "ERIC!"

He maneuvered his way toward me. I once again used the Spatium Protegere spell. We braced ourselves but the wand didn't allow for anything to penetrate through the shield.

Once the falling debris subsided we emerged from the protection spell and examined the damage. The night sky was visible. I had blown the ceiling completely out. As I looked around, I noticed a guard wincing from the pain. I grabbed him from the ruins and shook him.

"Where is my brother!?"

The guard rattled with fear. "H-He's in the meeting hall."

I looked to Eric. Neither of us actually know this castle so finding him would be difficult. "Show me!"

"I can't, Miss! My leg is broken!"

I shook him again. "Show me!"

He pathetically pointed through a hall.

I thought for a second. "If this is a trick, I will come back for you."

He whimpered in pain and I dropped him to the floor. I had no sympathy left within me.