Twenty One: Here We Go Again

"Shall we be going?" Harry asked unwrapping his arms around me.

I nodded and we both made our way outside to see Peter making quite a connection with Harry's horse. With one hand he held onto the saddle whilst with the other, he gracefully pet down it's neck. I didn't know he would be that compassionate with animals.

"Her name is Luna." Harry smiled, interrupting Peter's moment. He looked at Harry then back to Luna. He took quite a shine to that horse.

"Would you like to take her for a ride to the market?"

I wanted to object but Peter grinned nodding his head. "I would love to sir."

Harry walked closer to him and instructed him on how to get onto her. I admired Harry for how he treated Peter. They looked like brothers, the eldest teaching the youngest how to ride his first horse. He showed Peter how to hold the reigns and how to comfortably and correctly straddle her. He showed him what ropes controlled what, and how to set the horse off.

I crossed my arms over my chest and smiled at the two boys. Harry looked over to me and smiled back noticing my admiration. Peter's eyes were filled with amazement. As I predicted, he finally grew comfortable with Harry and that pleased me.

"Are you ready to set off?" Harry asked cautiously.

Peter was eager. "Yes, I'm ready."

Harry nodded and I caught up to them. Peter sat triumphantly on the horse. I could tell he imagined himself as royalty. The way he sat, the way he looked to the land ahead of us, he knew he was on top of the world and I knew he was enjoying himself.

Harry and I walked side by side. He held the reigns to Luna just in case something were to happen. We made conversation. It was of no importance but it made us both giggle to each other.

-

Once we arrived to the market, we didn't exactly know where to go. We all decided to stop for a meal. Harry offered to pay and because Peter and I were short on crestlers, neither one of us objected.

First light made everything in the village look new and innocent; even the old worn down things. It created a beautiful color, from the buildings to even the street rats. We walked down a long road and didn't know if we wanted to go to Arler's or somewhere else. Therefore, we just looked around. There weren't many people out because it was early morning. There were the booth owners and their children. They played games together with rocks they found lying around. Soon this market was to be overrun with people.

For the first time ever, it was actually quiet. So quiet that you were able to hear all of the little noises that sounded. The small conversations of others, the laughter of children, the opening of a door, even the scurrying of a rat. There was one noise I didn't think would be important.

But I was wrong...

I looked to my right and saw the man that I've been trying to avoid for the past few days. He was sweeping the outside of his shop. I didn't exactly know what he could possibly be sweeping because he was outside, but that didn't matter to me. I tried to get the boys to walk a bit faster but they were too confused as to why. The man looked up and noticed us.

"What a beautiful horse." He comlimented. His accent was different from the rest of ours.

Harry looked up and smiled. "Thank you."

"Can I ask what kind of horse?" The man asked setting his broomstick against the wall. He started to walk closer to us and I tried to be unseen.

"A white thoroughbred stallion." Harry answered.