The End

Conner's POV;

I looked around as I stepped threw the portal, it looked just like Gotham did at our time, but the only way I could be sure is if I checked.

I started walking until I came to a newspaper stands, normally I would have kept on walking, but the headline made me stop in my tracks. THE DEATH OF NIGHTWING.

I quickly took money out of my pocket and paid the man behind the stand, before taking my paper and sitting down on a bench near by. just by looking at the picture I knew that it was robin, just in a different suit. the article was by a woman named Tammy L'renze and had been published by Gotham's Daily News. getting comfortable, I began to read.

"everyone is asking the question, 'is Nightwing realy dead?' and the answer is, yes."

three days ago Nightwing and Batman were battling the injustice league, when Nightwing had been hit by a purple energy beam. Nightwing had been thrown into a wall, and then he had been lying on the floor in a growing puddle of his own blood. Batman had quickly knocked the remaining injustice league members out, and rushed to Nightwings side, but when he got there, Nightwing had already stopped breathing.

Batman had spent twenty minutes giving emergencie CPR to Nightwing, but with no luck, he was to late to save Nightwing.

Nightwing is to be barried at Gotham park on sunday at 1:00pm. everyone is welcome to join in the mourning of our lost hero.

Nightwing helped protect Gotham for the past twenty years, and now that he is gone, we can only hope that his actions with still reflect on this city. but we are not the only one mourning, for wwe mourn the loss of a great hero. but Batman mourns the loss of a son, a partner and a much loved compainion.

so as we mourn the loss of Nightwing, please, prey for the survival of a mourning father. for we have lost one hero, we wish not to lose another.

I finished reading, and could feel the tears forming behind my eyelids, but I quickly blinked them away. I quickly walked back towards the newspaper stand.

"excuse me, but what is the date?" I asked politly. he looked at me for a moment, then looked at his phone.

"its Sunday, July 4th." he told me, and I couldn't help but smile, Dick was being barried on his favorite day of the year.

"thank you." I said, then I started heading over to Gotham park, the huge clock in the middle of the square told me it was 12:55, meaning I had five minutes to get to the park before the funural of the man that had become my little brother.

I made it to the park and climbed a tree, just as the lowered his body into the ground. people were everywhere, all with tears in their eyes, and all holding flowers. I stayed where I was and watched as people aproached the grave and placed their flowers on it, as they spoke a few words to the dead body.

"I will always remember you Nightwing, and my children will be told of your great rescues" one man wispered, another wispered "you will not be forgotten, for you will always live in the hearts of us all" everything everyone said was along those lines. they were all telling Nightwing that he wouldn't be forgotten, and it made me smile to know how many people truely cared about my baby brother.

"it's hard, saying goodbye to someone you love." the voive would have startled me, had I not heard and felt Batman sit beside me in the tree. his cowl was up and you could see no part of him because of the shadows. but I could hear the pain in his voice, and it made me glad to know that Batman really did love his son, but his next words really did startle me. "you can save him."