Chapter 1

"Let me guess, you're speechless because you need your precious daddy's permission to even talk to a Mudblood!" Hermione seethed when the pale blonde boy failed to respond.

Harry and Ron both slapped their hands over their mouths and turned away, trying to keep in laughter. Even Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkison were having to tighten their lips so they wouldn't laugh.

"Don't speak about my father that way," Draco hissed back.

"Watch me. Your precious dad can't even go into a bookstore without making the front page," Hermione said cooly, repeating his words from second year.

Draco's lips twisted into a sneer. He took a fist full of lacewings. He reached his hand out so it hovered over her perfectly made potion. He dropped them into her potion.

Hermione's eyes widened when she saw the lacewings fall into her potion. It changed from a purple to a deep green instantly. Hermione growled slightly in anger while Draco raised and amused eyebrow. She took a jar of spider eyes and dumped them into his potion.

"Oh dear," Severus Snape muttered from the front of the room. He than begin going around and casting protective charms on the students, just in case his top two didn't fix the problem in time.

"You'll pay for that," Draco fumed, throwing unicorn hair into her potion.

Hermione proceeded to but bicorn powder into his. It went on, back and forth and back and forth of throwing random ingredients into the others cauldron. By the time there was nothibg left on the large six person table, Hermione's cauldron held a brown, sticky liquid while Draco had a boiling vomit colored one.

The two enemies eyes widened in sync when they realized what they had done. Both rushed to their cauldron to fix the problem. Draco's continued to boil, the splashes becoming higher and higher. In attempt to stop it from exploding, Hermione and Draco dumped the odd brown liquid into the potion. Snape's groan at the front could be heard throughout the classroom.

"It's going to explode!" Pansy shrieked.

Everyone hit the floor, crawling desperately under the desks. The potion was now emmiting sparks. Hermione was still standing, trying to fix it.

"Dam it, Granger, get down here," Draco demanded.

"This is your fault, Malfoy!" She shrieked back.

The cauldron exploded. Right before it did, however, Draco kicked his leg towards Hermione's feet, causing her to fall. He stuck and arm out and caught her easily before pulling her under the table.

An orange or maybe brown colored liquid flew everywhere. Anything it touched burned away to nothing. Every student was hit, but not horribly. It left severe burns on the children but didn't burn away their skin.

Hermione slowly opened her eyes to see blackness. At first she panicked, thinking she may have lost her sight, until something moved right up against her in an even pattered. She turned her head up at the dame time someone looked down. The blackness was Draco Malfoy's robe.

Both instantly jumped away from each other, shuddering violently and brushing their clothes off like they had been contaminated with some sort of diesease. Snape slowly stood from his desk, half his hair burnt off. He released a deep sigh.

"For now," Snape drawled out, "You will all go to the hospital wing. Malfoy and Granger, you both have detention. Potter, Weasley, Zabini, and Parkinson, you will accompamy them for failing to control your wild animals."

Both Hermione and Draco opened their mouths to report, but Harry slapped a hand over Hermione's mouth while Blaise did the same to Draco. The two shut their mouths, scowls etched clearly into their faces.