Chapter 17

Level up

🌹

*

"Austin?" I ask, testing the name. She nods her head yes.

"Yep. He's two years older than you, which makes him 19 years old." She smiles at me as I think back to when I saw him at our door. I actually have a cousin, which means...

My eyes shoot open in realization as I look at my mother.

"You had a sister?" She looks at me as she nods her head, a small smile on her face.

"I did. Her name was Erika. She was about three years older... but she didn't act like what an older sister should act like." She looks at me with sad eyes as I nod my head for her to continue.

"She would do drugs... all the time. She would drink and party like any normal teenager, but she went too hardcore. When Erika was about 19, she came home saying she was about 2 months prego with a baby. Obviously my mother was very upset because she knew her daughter was very careless about those things. She wanted her to have the baby and hand it off to her, because she knew Erika wouldn't be fit for the baby."

"And what happened?" I ask, wondering how it came to this. My mother let's out a sad sigh.

"She had Austin at 20 and left him on my mama's bed, with a note saying that she couldn't do it and ran away." She says as she shakes her head, disappointed that she actually left. "I haven't seen her since. When she left Austin with her, my mama decided to take care of him, with my help of course." She tells me as I nod my head. I technically know what happened after that. My mom meets my father and had me like three years later. But there's still some unanswered questions.

"Wait, so what happened after I was born? Did you take him in?" I ask her.

"Yes. Since Ethan was very generous at the time and he loved me, he let me take Austin in as his legal guardian, to his dismay. But as you and Austin grew older together, your father never liked the idea of taking care of someone that wasn't his blood, so he would hit him." She says as tears start to fall down her pretty face.

"Austin, he would always try to protect you. You were technically his little sister. When you got in trouble, he would try and take the beating. But one day, it got bad." I start wiping away my own tears as they fall down my face.

"You were really young, probably 7 years old. You had saw your father hitting me and you went to stop it, but he got super angry and put you in a room with cement walls and floor. Austin had already been in there with you too. When your father came back to hit Austin, you tried to stop him and he went to go and start hitting you too, but Austin stopped him.." I stare at my mom with wide eyes, realizing something.

That's what my dream was about. It wasn't a dream...

It was a memory...

"When your father saw Austin trying to stop him again, he lost it. He dragged him out of the room and left him there to go get his gun to... kill him. I then ran to him and told him to run and never look back. He told me that he will try to find us in the future if anything and ran away... I haven't seen him since." My mother ends, letting out a sad sigh. I sit there, taking in all this new information.

"But wait." I bud in.

"What?" She asks me with curiosity.

"Why would he come back now? Unless Austin knows that he's dead, he knows he could've gotten hurt if he came back. So what made him?" I'm wonder after all this time, why would he come back now? After a minute of silence, she speaks.

"I don't know, but I do know something." I look at her, waiting for her to say it.

"Whatever it is, it ain't pretty."

*
I know it's just a filler chapter but the next will be longer, I promise!!

And my book His Possession is almost at 100k!!!!!!! When it reaches to that, I'll be giving shoutouts to 15 people!

All you have to do is either vote on my book, comment, even follow me! And if you have written any books, I'll also include that to your shout out!

May the best one win!

Have a great day!

Lei-Bear