Chapter 23

I think I'm insane
*

Despite being in the unknown of our safety, my mom reluctantly let me stay the night at Damon's house. Since she trusts Adam, Damon's father, she feels that I am safe.

Are we safe though?

So many questions linger throughout my mind as I allow the hot water from the showerhead to wash over my body, relaxing me the slightest. When my father died, I thought all my problems are solved. I believed my life would finally be normal, I could be happy... Now I'm not so sure.

Using Damon's soap, I gently wash my body from head to toe. After finishing, I rinse off and turn the shower off. Stepping out of the steamy shower, I grab a fluffy white towel and wrap it around my clean body. The shock of the bedrooms cold air and Damon's presence hits me like bricks. He sits perfectly on the floor, currently in the middle of a push-up set.

My mouth is dry like the desert when I look at him. His beautiful olive skin is glistening with sweat as he continues to do push-ups, making me hungry for him.

"Jaz." Blinking, I realize he had already finished his set, and is now standing really close to me, breathing heavy.

"H-hey I uh just finished taking a shower." I stutter, averting my shy eyes from his lustful ones. goosebumps cross my skin when he grabs me by my waist. He gently tugs me toward his warm body and lifts my head with his wings. Looking into his eyes, I see only one emotion I feel for him.

Love.

"Jasmine..." Damon starts off, caressing my arms lovingly, " I know how I treated you the first time we met... and all the times after that weren't the best or okay by any needs. Looking back I feel so shitty for treating you like that when you deserve to feel like a queen." My heart aches in love and understanding as I will watch the man I love pour his heart out to me.

" no matter how many times I hurt you or pushed you away in some form, you still catch your heart open, even when you didn't want to. You stuck around for me through everything and for that I'm forever grateful for having you in my life. I think I..." he hesitates for a second, realizing he was sharing something intimate and personal.

"I love you Jasmine." Time stops. Everything around his freezes as so three words ring loud in my ears and louder in my mind. I love you...

Without thinking, I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his face towards mine, connecting our lips together. This kiss was like no other. It felt like two lovers were finally reunited after the war, not knowing if they'd make it. This kiss represents the love that that was there between us all along, as if it were hidden. Breathless, I pull away as we lean our foreheads against one another, staring into each other souls. His eyes shine with so much love and vulnerability as he caresses my cheek.

"I love you too." I whisper, feeling safe in his presence.

With my permission, he slowly takes my towel, giving him a full show of my body. I grow hot and shy at the same time, slowly covering my chest. He gently shakes his head at me and pulls my arms away. He's basically speechless as he gazes at me with love and lust.

"Jasmine, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

The events after that night were history.

*
Lei-Bear