Chapter 27

"They found it!"

Peter's voice made me look up from where I was hunched over my most recent drawing. I looked over to where he was on the couch to see him sitting straight up staring at his phone.

"Found what?" I moved my chair back and turned around to look at him.

"Hydra's headquarters." His smile was the size of North America.

"What!" I jumped out of my seat. "Are you serious?!"

"Dead!" He threw his phone on the couch and ran to pick me up in his arms bridal style.

"I'm free!" I screamed, thrusting my hands in the air with glee.

Peter laughed and turned his head so he could kiss me. "Don't get too excited. You said it yourself, Tony doesn't like maybes."

I groaned. "Why can't we just make all of Hydra forget about me."

Peter sighed. "If only life was that simple."

He kissed the side of my head and placed me back on the ground.

"Wait a minute!" I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"What?" He asked.

"We can make them forget who I am! Or at least make the leader order them to forget who I am!" I was bouncing up and down at this point, Peter's hands on my shoulders trying to get me to calm down.

"How?"

He finally got me to quit jumping up and down. "Loki!"

Peter looked confused for a second, but quickly understood what I was saying. "He can manipulate minds! Like he did at the lake that night!"

"Exactly!" I took off for the elevator, dragging Peter behind me.

"You really think Loki's going to agree with your plan?" Peter asked as we stepped onto the elevator.

"Of course he will. We're like best friends." I smirked and Peter just shook his head while he laughed.

* * *

Peter and I had rounded everyone up into the living room and I had just finished describing our plan. Tony was none too happy about it.

"You really think I'm going to put the entire fate of your life in the hands of a murderer?"

Loki cleared his throat. "Ex-murderer."

Tony frowned. "No way. What if he just says he did it and then just ends up being in cahoots with Hydra. He's not allowed to know anything about where the headquarters are and what our plan is."

Loki stepped forward. "If I may interject-"

Tony cut him off. "Nope, get him out of here."

"Mr. Stark, with all due respect," Peter spoke up from next to me. Tony glared at him as if daring him to object his decision. "Do we have any other options?"

Tony stared at Peter for a few seconds, probably debating yelling at him or not. Finally, he spoke again. "We always have more options. No way am I risking your life just because you want to give your new best friend a chance to prove that he's not a bad guy anymore. Not happening. We will find another way."

"So what is this other plan you're going to use? Go out there and just scare them a little bit, hope they won't try to come after me?" I crossed my arms, mad.

Tony rolled his eyes at me but didn't say anything.

Banner stepped forward with an idea. "We could try to brainwash the leader like they did with Will."