|CHAPTER 36: FRIENDS|

Our minds distort our
mirrors.

• • •

"When you said that we would be moving into your new 'apartment' this wasn't what I freaking expected." Madi's gobsmacked expression amused Evelyn to say the least.

"It's a fucking mansion, Eve!"

"Well, technically it's a-"

"Just shut up. Let me enjoy the moment." Madison exhaled, drooling at the sight of their new home.

"When are we moving in?"

"A few days. I gave us time to pack our things." Eve shrugged, a ghost smile on her face.

***

When they both had returned home, they began discussing their move, and Evelyn was completely oblivious to what I was coming to her.

"I'm such a horrible person. I forgot to feed myself." Evelyn's stomach growled in approval, as she prepared a sandwich.

"Do you ever stop eating?" Narrowing her eyes in calculation, Madison studied her friend.

"Hey, food is bae, alright?" Evelyn hissed, "Now keep your mouth shut if you don't want me to eat your sandwich too."

"Hey, I'd like tomato and cheese on mine!"

And there they were, standing side by side by Madison's apartment door with sheepish grins, each one of them carrying their own suitcase.

"Leon!" Evelyn tossed her arms around him, he in return holding her waist in a very tight grip.

Her smile had brightened his day, and lit up the oddly familiar room.

He thought that he would forget how Madison's apartment looked like, but no, of course not.

Not after being in it a thousand times.

She giggled like a school girl as he twirled her around, finding comfort in the woman's arms like always.

His bags were dropped once he had hugged her, and by their slightly large mass, she could deduce that he was staying for good.

Carter and Danielle were both grinning at her, and they were engulfed by her hug next.

"I can't believe you guys are here!" Evelyn's happiness couldn't be explained as she greeted her friends.

"I can't believe you weren't there to pick us up from the airport, Miss Billionaire." Leon glared at her, leaning against a wall.

"I had absolutely no idea that you were coming." Evelyn retorted.

Madison made a face, inwardly recalling that she had forgotten to tell her about their flight.

"Seriously Mads?" Carter raised an eyebrow, and she gave them a 'don't kill me look'.

"Sorry. It completely slipped my mind." She apologised, standing up, and smiling at them as well.