four

a/n: probably a typo somewhere

Dan awoke from the nap that took place from after the mall. He didn't wake up in his headspace so he's going to be himself today. Dan looked down to what he's wearing. He doesn't change since he finds it comfortable.

Phil shifted and woke up. Phil leaned up on his elbows and looked over at the brunette next to him. "Hey." Phil softly said, his voice deep and scratchy from sleep.

Dan hummed, "Hi. Thanks for protecting me yesterday." Dan felt himself blush. Phil nodded, "You're welcome."

The air seemed thick. Neither person said anything. They listened to each other's breathing until Phil spoke up. "Listen about what happened after the mall incident, did you mean it?"

Dan sat up and crossed his legs then cocked his head. "Mean what?" Phil felt his heart drop. Of course Dan doesn't remember anything.

Phil shook his head, "Never mind." Dan huffed slightly, "Tell me, Phil. Please?"

Phil inhaled deeply. "When we got home, I suggested that we should take a nap so we came up here to do so. But you sat yourself on my hips," Dan blushed again. "And you asked me if I was okay because I had a bleeding lip, and I obviously was. Then you told me you loved me."

Dan looked down and shrugged, "I say stupid thing when I'm in that headspace, Phil. I don't know if I mean it or not, but I'm sure as hell not ready to love someone."

Phil just smiled, "That's fine." Phil looked at the time. "We slept the whole night. Want me to make brekkies?"

Dan looked up, confused. "Brekkies?" Phil softly laughed, "Breakfast."

Dan nodded, "Please." Phil moved Dan's hair from his head and kissed where a curl was at. Phil got up and stretched a bit then walked downstairs.

Dan stayed upstairs laying down on his bed. He didn't really feel like moving. Phil was making waffles from scratch with the waffle maker he found stored in the cupboard. Phil had always liked cooking for someone, made him feel useful.

Phil waited for the waffles to cook as Dan slowly came down in the stairs, still dressed in what Phil dressed him last night. He looked adorable, Phil thought. Dan timidly walked over to the breakfast bar and sat down, where he watched Phil cook.

"I never used that before." Dan spoke as he leaned against him palm. Phil looked up at him, "Why not?" Dan just shrugged, "Never really knew how."

Phil just gave a soft laugh, "Pretty easy to use. It tastes better than store bought waffles, trust me."

Dan smiled then got up to grab butter and maple syrup, he set the items on the table. Phil served a huge waffle on each plate then set it on the table.

After breakfast, they decided to take a walk. Dan didn't feel like changing so he stayed in the velvet shorts along with the white shirt. He put on his white vans. Phil walked alongside him.

The air was cold and the wind was strong. Phil looked over at Dan. He didn't seem to care about the wind, he focused on not stepping on the cracks of the pavement. Phil softly smiled to himself and looked ahead, trying not to focus on the adorable boy beside him.

Dan saw a bird and ran up to it but the bird flew away. Dan pouted, "Daddy! It flew away." Dan crossed his arms.

Phil smiled and ruffled Dan's hair, messing up his perfect curls. Dan pouted even more. "Aren't you cold baby?" Phil asked him. Dan shook his head though the goosebumps on his arms and thighs told otherwise.

Phil took off his sweatshirt. "Arms up sweetheart." Dan shook his head but Phil gave him a glare. Dan raised his arms. Phil dressed him in his black hoodie. The hoodie fell down to Dan's thighs, right above the knee and all the way down his arms, leaving him with cute sweater paws.