eight

"I don't wanna go!" Dan whined as he tried to tug his arm away from Phil's grasp. Phil sighed exasperatedly, "Daniel. I will not tolerate this behavior. You're being a naughty boy and do you know what naughty boys get?"

Dan sulked. "Naughty boys get punishments." Dan tugged his sweater over his left hand, the one not being suffocated by Phil's large hand.

"Exactly. Now we have to go, we don't want to be late." Phil said softer this time.

Dan just nodded, "Yes, Daddy. Sowwy." He started to bite at his sweater. Phil walked him outside and into the car where he started driving to school.

"When you feel overwhelmed baby, just go to the restrooms and call me okay? I'll be there." Phil put his hand on Dan's thigh as he drove. Dan nodded once again.

Phil parked the car and started to walk towards the entrance with Dan clutching his arm anxiously.

The wind was cold and bitter. The wind blew aggressively, knocking things down and spinning leaves and trash. "Cold, Daddy." Dan said in a hushed tone.

Phil hugged him close against his chest as he leaned against a brick wall. The first period bell rang. Phil crouched down to Dan's height. "See you in a little bit, bub." Phil kissed his head softly.

Dan's eyes watered a little. "Don't leave me, Daddy! Please!" He whined.

Phil frowned, "I'm sorry, baby. It's only for a little while okay? Be a brave boy for me." Phil kissed his head again. Dan shivered and nodded. Phil stroked his cheek before he left towards the classroom.

Dan shivered from the cold wind and started to walk towards his first period. He already missed his daddy. He wanted to be home cuddling him and his favorite stuffie as they drink something warm and watch something nice.

First period seemed to last forever but Dan made it through. Art was their shared period so Dan quickly made his way and already found Phil waiting for him.

"Philly!" Dan shouted softly and hugged him
tightly. Phil ruffled his neat curls which made Dan pout. Phil leaned down and kissed his bottom lip that was sticking out, "Hi baby. Just a little while to go and we'll be home." Dan nodded eagerly.

Dan grabbed random brushes and started to effortlessly paint the canvas. Phil just watched him silently. Phil watched as Dan's eyebrows furrowed in concentration, and the way his lips were pressed into a line. Phil thought it was cute. He knows his baby is cute.

Dan turned to him and smiled widely, "Look! Daddy!" He softly whispered. Phil looked at his painting. Phil kissed his hair and smiled, "So beautiful, sweetheart."

After the bell rang, Dan reluctantly left to his last period. He sat down at his desk. Two boys started to talk to Dan. He tried to tune it out but his little side couldn't. So he sat there, silently sniffling and wiping his tears.

Phil drove Dan back to his house. He noticed that his baby was a little down and had a frown on his face. Once Phil closed the door to the house, he turned around and hugged Dan tightly, but Dan kept his arms to his side.

"What happened baby?" Phil asked softly. Dan started hiccuping. Phil picked him up when he didn't receive an answer and carried him upstairs. He started to undress Dan and dress him in a onesie. Dan made grabby hands towards Phil and Phil hugged him. They both laid down on the bed as Dan snuggled up to him. Phil soothingly rubbed his back.

"They were mean, Daddy." He hiccuped.

"Who was mean?" Phil kissed his temple.

Dan just shrugged. "I don't know who."

"Whatever they said baby, is not true, okay?" Phil replied shortly.

Dan shook his head in disbelief. "They said I was chubby, Daddy, and ugly." He cried out. His tears were staining Phil's white t-shirt.

Phil shushed him softly and rubbed his back. "Suck, Daddy." Dan whimpered. Phil looked at the bedside drawer for a paci. "It's downstairs sweetheart." Phil frowned. He moved to grab it from downstairs.

Dan whined and hugged him tightly. The last thing he wanted was to be alone. Phil turned around a little and gently patted Dan's pink lips with his thumb. Dan opened his mouth and took his thumb in and started to gently suck.

Phil's mind was in the gutter but it really shouldn't be when Dan was in his most vulnerable moments. He felt like a bad caregiver. Thinking indecently when his baby is in distress. Phil thinks he doesn't deserve him.

Phil used his other hand to run his fingers through Dan's curls. "You're very pretty baby and you're perfect. You don't need to lose or gain weight. I love you for you." Phil kissed his head.

Dan hiccuped again then let go of Phil's thumb and climbed on top of him where he leaned down to place his head in Phil's neck. He inhaled Phil's scent which he adored. Dan leaned up and placed a childish, sloppy, kiss on Phil's head with a loud smack.

Phil laughed gently and rubbed Dan's thigh with his hand.

"Sleepy time?" Phil asked.

"Sleepy time."