Chapter 54: Mental Torture

Dedicated to @ItzJinx for her loving comment. :')

Guys, this story isn't finished yet! There are still things to come and cases to resolve! And whatever the matter that is going to be mentioned in this topic about Femke's parents and a building's construction will all be explained in the next chapter. :)

I am so glad you all liked the last chapter! I read a few comments about people calling her naive and you'll read about that in this chapter. ^_^ Thank you for all your true and honest remarks, I am truly honoured. :') Thank you so much. <3

I love you all so much. Youz purfect. :3

---

(Femke’s P.O.V)

I didn’t know what it was that made me feel suddenly so close to him. Was it the fact that he was trying so hard to make it up to me? Was it the fact that he cared so much? Or was it simply the fact that I loved him?

I thought of every possibility that could get me this close to Justin. And every possibility that would come in my mind would be negative. It would drag my mindset back to what it was a while ago.

Negative and over-thinking. Hopeless.

So, I pushed every negative thought away. I put it all in the back of my mind because right now, when Justin and I drove back to the hospital, the fingers of one of his hands laced through mine while using the other he drove, all I could do was be thankful. Thankful for being able to smile for once in my life.

Maybe everyone’s not as wrong. Maybe trusting God isn’t so bad after all. But I still got a lot to learn.

My head rested along the head of the seat, looking out the window, I rolled my head to look at Justin. His chocolate brown hair lavishly combed in his usual style, black shades covering his eyes at this time of the night caused me to giggle.

He turned to look at me for a second before looking back at the road with a smirk on his face. “What’s so funny?” he squeezed my hand.

“Apart from the fact that you’re wearing shades at eight pm? Nothing.” I laughed.

“Oh,” he chuckled, “right” and he took them off.

I hummed in response and looked back at the window, the smile still on my face.

I was thankful. But scared. For how long was God going to be this nice to me? I hope he doesn’t have timings. I couldn’t lose the happiness I had been craving so long for. I wasn’t ready to be pulled back into the depth of devastation once again. I couldn’t imagine going there back again.

“What’re you thinking?” Justin’s soft voice interrupted my thoughts but I didn’t turn to look at him.

“Nothing,” I stated.

“You know you can tell me anything, right?”

“Yeah, I know. But- I just wanna get home. I’m tired.”

“Sure?” he looked at me before looking back at the road.

“Yeah,” I smiled a bit before looking out once again.

Waiting for the journey to be over.

The car journey, I meant.

-

“Careful,” Justin whispered, grabbing my hand and the back of my waist as he helped me out of the car.

“Thank you,” I smiled as he shut the door for me and smiled. He grabbed my hand again and held my waist as we walked into the hospital. “I’m fine, Justin.”