Chapter 26: Found Him

(Femke’s P.O.V)

“Alright alright! I get it!” I exclaimed while giggling as George repeatedly said he loved Vanessa for the millionth time. Vanessa left by this time. Her grandma called, they had to go to the market.

“I know, I’m sorry! It’s just that- I love her so much!” he said the last part while ruffling his hands in his hair and chuckling while I laughed along. He was extremely happy that things worked out fine and he and Vanessa got back together.

“Whatever” I chuckled. I looked around, sensing something was missing.

Justin.

“Oh, shit” I muttered, looking around impatiently for any sign of Justin.

“What is it?” George asked, following my gaze as I searched everywhere.

“Justin!” I exclaimed, “Where is he?” his facial expression softened as he looked around with me.

“I-I don’t know. He was with me a while ago before you guys were done with your conversation. I-”

“He didn’t even tell you where he was going?” I asked in a rush. George shook his head. A sigh of frustration escaped my lips as I sat back on the bench.

“Why do you care so much? After all he did to you, why?” George asked, sitting down next to me. I stopped wiping my hand over my face as I looked at him.

“We talked it over, George”

His face fell, something ran across his mind but he didn’t open up.

“Talking it over doesn’t make it all better”

“Yes, it does” I said. He looked in front of him as he fiddled with his fingers. Something was up with him. And that something wasn’t right.

“What did you do?” I asked, sitting straight. My eyes never left his figure.

“What? What was I supposed to do?” he asked as if it was pretty obvious.

“Don’t play smart with me. You must’ve said something to him that made him run away” I said, my eyes burning into his as he shook his head vigorously.

“What can I say that would affect him so much?” he asked, getting up.

“Tell me” I demanded, getting up.

“Femke-”

“I said tell me!” I exclaimed as he shuffled his hands in his pocket and looked around.

“You’re acting crazy” he muttered.

“Whatever” I replied, shrugging my shoulders as he sighed.

“Look, I didn’t say anything wrong, alright? I just told him that what he did was wrong and if he cared enough for you then he wouldn’t have used you like that and he would’ve cherished you!” he explained as I looked down in disappointment. He was right, but wrong at this point.

“George” I sighed, but he continued.

“I just gave him an advice from what I learned in the past few months ever since Vanessa left me” he said this in a low voice. I could sense he wanted to sob or cry.

“George, I understand what you were trying to do but I told you I got this,” I said, raising my eye brows as he looked down, shaking his head.

“What he did-”

“Was wrong and disgusting and- just- just pathetic” I said, he nodded. “I know, George. But look, you learned from your mistakes, right? You learned to cherish a girl like Vanessa when she left you, right?” I asked, and again he nodded. His facial expressions showing me that he understood what I wanted to say before I had the chance to finish it. “Then you need to understand that he has learned the same. He’s trying to make it up to me. And the reason I forgave him this soon is because I just- I just want to forget about my past and move on, George. I never said that we were back together, I just forgave him. It would take a lot more than just a sorry to make it all better between us. Sorry doesn’t change a thing. But I forgave him because I know he has changed and has this guilt inside of him that he wants to get out. Trust me, I know what I’m doing, George” I said, giving his shoulder a squeeze as he nodded.

“I- I’m sorry. I just got a bit over-protective, I’ll apologize” he said, making me smile.

“No need. You played your part” I said, patting his shoulder as I turned around to leave the park.

“Where are you going?” he asked, making me turn around.

“To look for him. We need to have a long talk” I said, smiling slightly as I turned back.

“I’ll help you” he said, walking up to me. “Since you helped me with Vanessa” he smiled.

“No thanks” I sheepishly smiled back, making him frown. “You know his address?” I asked. He nodded.

“How?” I surprisingly asked as he smirked.

“I have my way”

“How?” I repeated my question as he made a lame face at me.

“Mobile tracker.” My eyes widened as he said this.

“Dafuq?”

“I found his number- somehow” he said.

“Somehow?” I asked, raising my eye brow as he looked away.

“What are you hiding?” I asked, stepping towards him as he turned around.

“Gotta run. I’m planning on taking Vanessa out for dinner. BYE” and with that he ran away, throwing a paper at me which had Justin’s address written on it.

The hell was he hiding?

But I didn’t waste my time wondering that, I just took out to find Justin. His address was pretty near. I just had to take a few turns and there I was.

But I must admit, I was freaked out. I didn’t know what to say, what was my reason to go there? I guess I just wanted to know why he ran away like that? What was he scared about now? Was he sure about the steps he was taking?

Bu the time I was wondering these questions, I found myself in front of his door.

Pure luck.

My trembling hands went up to the bell and rang it.

No one came.

I rang it again.

No one came.

Again.

No one.

Again.

No one.

“Screw it” I muttered as I busted in the house myself.

Wrong? I know. But I was stressed. Stressed for Justin.

There was literally NO ONE in the house. It was empty.

I made my way upstairs after exploding the lower area. I heard some sobs coming from inside a bedroom.

I took a big breath inside, held the handle of the door, and slowly opened it. Revealing Justin.

“Justin” I breathed out as he turned his face up from his hands and got up from the bed.

“Femke” he sighed. His eyes were red and puffy as he shook his head.

“Justin, w-what’s wro-”

“I’m so sorry” he sobbed. Making my features soften as I realized where this was going.

Phew! FINALLY got the chance to update!

Now, listen UP! My exams are starting shortly. In a week. Next update MIGHT be 'nearly' a month later. Or two weeks, maybe. I'm not really sure. But sooner than I expect, hopefully.

Anyways, just wanted to inform you guys about this :)

What do you think about the chapter?

What do you think will happen next?

Comment below :)