Chapter 15 - Revelation

Zacznij od początku

"Ben, let me see your arm."

He held his arms out to her.

Ben had a bruise as well.

"That's odd. I don't remember that being there before."

"I have one too."

"Come close to me Cyar'ika."

Rey hugged him, breathing into his ear,

"What's going on?"

Let's speak only across our bond. Just keep hugging me.

"I don't know what's going on, but I suspect someone has been in here and taken our blood whilst we slept. If that's the case, then things are not as they appear to be here. Rulf may not be who or what he says he is. We could be being recorded or watched.

There's no way to tell without me being able to use the Force on them. Something has made me uneasy since we arrived here. I just didn't want to think about it too much because this is supposed to be your time.

I need to call the Supremacy. Get up to go to the fresher and pick up the holopad. Take it in there with you and see if you can send a message to Holdo or my mother. Say exactly this: Ben says to tell you that this trip is fine. My mother will know we need help getting off of the ship then.

Pushing down her shock and fear at the situation, she played along and kissed his neck, just in case they were being watched.

"You smell so good Alpha," she said out loud.

She nuzzled into his neck and then turned for the fresher casually picking up the holopad on her way.

Ben held on to her hand as long as possible, gazing at her with admiration before letting go. He really didn't want her anywhere else, except cradled securely in his arms.

When Rey stepped into the fresher she tried to send the message.

Congresswoman Holdo, We are on the Wulfsrudel. Can you get a message to Leia and let her know? Ben says to tell you that this trip is fine. We will see you in a few days.

She hit send. The message appeared to go through. Hopefully it wouldn't look too suspicious to anyone who might be monitoring their communications. Next she tried the shuttle, but she got the no service icon.

"Ben, I may have gotten a message through to the Supremacy, but I'm not sure."

"Alright my bright star, come out here and let me feed you."

She stepped out of the fresher and back into Ben's arms. She felt safer there, as if nothing bad could ever happen when she was locked in his strong embrace. Ben swooped her up and carried her to the bed as he nuzzled into her neck, enjoying her scent and the closeness of his little mate.

"What are we going to do?"

"We're going to wait. Were going to eat. We're going to mate. Try to stay awake if you can."

He pulled her onto his lap and held the water for her as she sipped it. He fed her the fruit, and they pretended that everything was normal, only now they felt like they were being watched and they were both on edge.

He wrapped his arms around her waist as he peppered little kisses on her collarbone, working his way up her neck.

Rey tipped her head back, resting it on his chest, enjoying the feel of his attentions.

"I'm so sorry Rey, this is not how I had envisioned any of this."

He drew her closer and kissed her ear.