Closer

Alex lead me to a back entrance from the school and pulled me out the door. She slipped a pair of red raybans on and brought me to what appeared to be her car.

"You up for playing hookey for the rest of the day, cupcake?"

"I-uh I guess so.." I was already cringing from the freak out Sergio will have when he finds I was finally breaking some rules.

"Great, hop in the car." She opened the driver's seat and waited for me to climb into the passenger's seat. As we pulled out of the school parking lot she turned on her stereo and a familiar song started playing.

I tried to remember where I had heard it before. "What song is this?" I asked gaining a little courage.

"Homesick by A Day To Remember." She answered and it was clear she was paying attention to the road.

"Oh Sergio loves this band." I smiled at the thought of my best friend.

"Is Sergio your boyfriend?" Alex then became a little more interested in the conversation.

I blushed a little, as most things she said made me blush. "Ha, no we've been best friends since 5th grade."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She has a lot of questions about this topic.

"No, I usually prefer to date girls but I find guys attractive too." I blushed at the thought of having a romantic other.

"So you're bisexual?" I looked over to her, seeing her already facing me as we were at a red light.

"Yeah I am, is that okay?" I became a little uneasy. What if she one if those people that hate bisexual people because they 'can't choose'? It's not a matter of choosing I just think girls and boys are hot.

"Yeah that's fine." She cracked a small smile at my red face.

"What about you?"

"What about me?" Her eyes flickered to me.

"Who do you like?"

"I prefer girls myself." She winked and continued driving. If I could blush any harder I probably would have.

"So where do you like to eat? I'm treating you to lunch."

I contemplated where I buy could the cheapest lunch, I didn't want Alex to go too far out of her way just so we could have lunch. "Uh McDonald's is good, I can pay for myself I have a 5 in my bag."

"Don't even think about it, I'm treating you and I'm getting you something better than a meal off the dollar menu. Where do you really want to eat?"

"Really McDonald's is fine." I'm surprised she's being so nice to me considering her bad reputation. I looked over at her as she furrowed her eye brows in frustration, probably because I was annoying her.

"Kitten, you're going to have to get used to me treating you, we're going to PDQ, you're going to have a full meal and I'm going to pay for it. Got it?"

I weakly nodded, I didn't want to anger her anymore than I already had. I'll just get a chicken salad and a water. I need to be watching what I eat. I looked at my stomach and glared at it. Why do you have to be so big? I looked out the window to see we were nearing PDQ, also known as people dedicated to quality or pretty damn quick. Their fries are so good but I knew I couldn't have any. I don't want to hear people call me fat ass anymore. I'm tired of hating myself.
[Just a little side note I have nothing against fat people, I'm fat myself. Melody has self-love issues. there is absolutely nothing wrong with being fat.]

We pulled up to PDQ and Alex led the way inside holding the door open for me. I smiled at her in thanks and walked in. I was instantly hit with the smell of their glorious fries. Alex walked up to register and started ordering our lunches. "I'll have the buffalo chicken sandwich with a large fountain drink and she'll have a regular chicken sandwich with a large drink as well." I looked up at her in confusion.

"I'm treating you remember? I know what you really want, you're not getting a salad."

It was no use arguing with her, her intimidating word is final and I'd have to be a fool to fight her about it. I sighed in defeat. She passed me the styrofoam cups and told me to get her a cherry coke. I waited in line to fill up our drinks behind a tall man and a little girl who couldn't decide what she wanted. "Sweetie just get an orange fanta like you always do." The man seemed to be having a difficult time with the girl.

"No daddy I want something else!" I quietly giggled at the little girl's determination.

"Are you here by yourself hottie?" A creepy voice breathed into my ear I snapped around to see a creepy man invading my personal space. I shook my head quickly, cursing my self for showing my fear.

"Is something wrong babe?" Just hearing Alex say babe sent a shiver down my spine. The good kind of shiver, because god she's hot. I looked into her eyes pleading for her to make the creepy man leave me alone.

"Is this your little friend? That's okay I'm up for a threesome." The creep smirk showing his yellowing teeth.

"No I'm her girlfriend and I suggest you leave us alone before I kick your ass." Alex hissed. The father and his daughter had already left thankfully and the creep backed away and left before muttering something about "fucking dykes", asshole.

"You okay Melody?" Alex held me slightly with her arm around my back.

"Yeah thanks for saving me." I smiled, the tension that I hadn't noticed forming slipped away with the passing of time. I turned and filled our cups as she nodded and went to pick up our food. I sat in a booth and she slid our food onto the table, sitting across from me.

"How did you know my name? I never told you." I questioned tilting my head slightly to left realizing I never supplied the information.

"I have my ways." She smirked and dug into her sandwich.

•••

After lunch Alex dropped me off at home with a 'bye kitten' and a smirk. Jesus Christ what is happening? Hopefully my parents don't notice my absence from school, they usually don't notice much that happens in my life and my brother's. My mom is an important heart surgeon that has to travel all over the country to preform surgeries and my dad is part of a nationwide paver company, he has to travel to different plants throughout the good old US of A. Therefore my parents are rarely home and I look over my brother and myself. Sergio helps watch over my brother when I have to go out. Going out means grocery shopping, working as a barista at a local coffee shop on the weekends and other errands. It gets hard sometimes but we've gotten used to it over time.

I checked the clock and saw that I had an hour before Sergio would probably barge through my door and two hours until Michael got home. He has flag football tryouts tomorrow I'll have to ask my next door neighbor if I can borrow her car. She's had a giant crush on Sergio for years know and would do anything to get on his good side, which includes lending me her car from time to time. Sometimes I feel bad that he'll most likely never return her feelings but the perks are too nice, I don't have the heart to break it to her.

I pulled my hair up into a sloppy bun since I have no idea how to make it stay up how I want it to. It always ends up flopping around my face and pissing me off. I decided to head up stairs and change. When I got up stairs I flopped onto my bed and sighed. Sooooo tired. I huffed and grabbed sweat pants along with an old tee shirt turned into a muscle shirt from my floor and quickly changed. Satisfied with what I was wearing, I headed down stairs and set up Netflix. Might as well watch some 30 Rock while I wait for Sergio to swing by.

[Author's Note: The picture above is who I picture Melody to be, Amanda Michalka aka AJ from Ally and AJ. Comments and Critiques are welcome. Btw don't let people push you around like Alex does to Melody, I'm just going off the stereotype of the 'bad boy' stories, not real life healthy relationships]