One Hundred Twenty-Three & One Hundred Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

“Don’t actually answer that!”

“Was just saying, I don’t mind living with Ast.”

“Course you wouldn’t,” Marnie winked, passing a shopping bag into my hand.

“What is this?” I questioned, looking at the bag.

“Your attire for the weekend.”

“Shit Marnie!” I said, pulling out what appeared to be a slinky nightie that would barely cover my bum. “Like hell I’m wearing this!”

“You have to!” she insisted, “I’m in charge of the hen party.”

“You’re crazy,” I said, putting the garment back in the bag and setting it on the counter.

“But…”

“NO!”

She frowned at me, digging through the rest of the contents of her bag. She dragged out a few DVDs and some bottles of wine, laying it all out on the counter. “This is the rest of our day sorted.”

“Promise?” I asked, eyeing up the selection. It wasn’t so bad.

“Like I said, we’ll start chill tonight and then ramp it up tomorrow. Aston can’t be the only one that has a bust up this weekend.”

I grimaced at the thought, never one to really be a partier. Wine and a DVD was enough for me!

Marnie and I laid around my house the entire evening, ordering a Chinese and watching chick flicks whilst polishing off more than one bottle of wine.

“Where is Aston anyway?” Marnie asked as we started a new film.

“No idea,” I shrugged.

“He didn’t tell you?”

“He didn’t know!” I said, “The boys gave him a list of things to pack and told him to bring his passport.”

“So he’s going abroad?”

“Maybe,” I shrugged, “I told him I don’t ever want to hear about it and that he better be home on Monday in one piece.”

“What if its in the papers?” she asked, “Celebrity Stag parties are always in the papers.”

“I don’t read the papers,” I shrugged.

“But everyone else does,” Marnie said, “You always know what they’re saying about you, even if you don’t read them yourself.”

“Whatever,” I said, my eyes glued on the TV. It was the truth too, I didn’t want to know what the boys were doing, it would only make me worried.

“We need a plan for tomorrow,” Marnie said, changing the subject.

“I thought you were planning everything?” I laughed, “How come I’m all of a sudden being drawn into this?”

“You killed my plans with the nightie…”

“Marnie that was just weird,” I said, “Why in the world would I wear that around for just you?”

“I don’t know…” she mumbled, “It seemed funny when I bought it.”

“You’re a mess sometimes,” I laughed, “Which is precisely why I love you!”

“You’ve gone soft Jessica Rego,” Marnie grinned, leaning over and giving me a big hug, rocking the pair of us from side to side.

I just gave her a knowing smile, releasing her, grabbing my wine, and having another sip.