coffee? coffee.

i was currently sitting in the library waiting for this meeting to get started. i glanced down at my apple watch to see that it was 8:30 a.m. the school had made an announcement yesterday that we were having a beta club meeting today at 8:30 sharp. they also emailed us about it.

i've been sitting here for thirty minutes pecking through my phone. i started getting bored. i noticed that mr. rodriguez, the director over beta club was getting irritated.

"this is absolutely ridiculous!" mr. rodriguez said in a clear, irritated tone.

after those words came out, a swarm of kids entered both doors of the library. it suddenly became loud which made mr. rodriguez even more irritated.

selena came and sat with me. after a few minutes, everyone eventually settled down into their seats, but the talking didn't stop.

our principal mrs. montgomery started speaking, "good morning everyone." she said but i could barley hear her. her voice was completely overshadowed by everyone. it seemed to get louder and louder by the minute.

mr. rodriguez was trying his best to control his temper. but that didn't last long. "EVERYONE BE QUIET NOW!!!!" he yelled which made everyone turn their attention to him. it was completely silent.

mrs. montgomery shook it off and started talking again. "alright good morning everyone. let's go ahead and get to the good stuff."

.

"i still cannot believe we can't wear sandals or flats!" selena announced for the third time as we walked through the hallway.

i shook my head, "it'll be fine. wearing heels won't kill us." i said making her scoff.

"you do realize we're going to be wearing them for two hours, right?" selena asked with a raised eyebrow. i sighed before getting my books from my locker.

we had went over the beta induction dress code after talking about fundraising ideas. the dress code was strict and some people were upset about it. we could only wear rompers or dresses, the colors varied only from navy blue, white, black, and cream yellow.

we could only wear our hair down or in a half up half down ponytail and we could ONLY wear heels. as soon as mr. rodriguez said that, selena was done listening to him and so were the rest of the girls.

it didn't bother me, but i will admit that it's much different from my school back in vancouver. we could wear whatever we wanted as long as we looked elegant and classy.

also the number of students at this school were triple! it's definitely going to be a long day when the induction comes around monday.....

after escaping the crowded stairwell, selena and i headed to ours cars. i followed her to some cafe she had been telling about earlier.

we parked our cars beside each other and got out. my eyes met with a big sign that said "huggamug cafe". selena and i headed to the expensive looking glass door.

the strong smell of coffee immediately hit my nose. there luckily wasn't that many people so we ordered straight away.

i got cinnamon iced coffee along with a cinnamon roll. after paying, we both went and sat down. i pulled out my flash cards that i made from earlier today.

"what's that?" selena asked before taking a sip of her caramel macchiato

"flash cards for anatomy." i said while neatly organizing them. selena sighed but went
along with studying with me. we ended up staying at the coffee shop for a couple of hours then both headed to our homes after that.

i'm so sorry that this is short. i PROMISE the next chapter will be much longer than this one. because this chapter ain't it.... but thanks for reading!