Chapter 4 ~ Tears in Continuum

So, I guess that brings us all the way to here! Well, almost here, the beginning of the end or something cliché like that.

It was cold, time skip to like, quite a few years into the future, now present, the time I was speaking of since chapter 2. The time I was so done with shit that I wanted out.

I wanted to die. Put simply, the future I had was down the drain, all fuckin gone like shit. I had spent a couple days observing the gun shop across the road from my hideout for potential ways to sneak in and out but I had no luck. Instead, the owner's brother, which I discovered hated each other, was a weapon dealer who gave jack shit so long as there was money.

A week later and I had illegally purchased the gun from him with counterfeit money. It was a small gun, Glock 42 and would serve it's job easily. That plan unfortunately, did not go the way I had intended it to.

Universe was angry, gave warning signs, yelled and even threatened to make me stop. Of course, was Universe even real at this point? Perhaps I really was mentally sick and needed to stay in the asylum. All I know is that one minute im on top of a balcony, about to gun myself when police cars arrive bellow, believing I'm about to go murder someone and arrest me, handcuffs and all, confiscating my gun, my bullets and my only ticket outta this hell hole.

They drove me to the nearest cop station, trying to gather paperwork and all that stuff, none of them recognised me as the insane girl because of how long it had been since I was last truly seen. It was amusing in a way. I had no identity anymore, I had no DNA according to their database. I may as well have disappeared.

They put me in one of those small cramped cells that are probably violating all sorts of human rights and laws, but they put me in there and were decent enough to give me a roommate who stayed shrouded in the corner of the cell, concealed by the shade. I yelled profanities of course, even trying to convince Universe to let me out and help me escape but it obviously saw through my plans and knew I just wanted to jump off the nearest bridge literally.

So the yelling did absolutely nothing. The cops were busy looking for more files and filling out more paperwork and trying to figure out where I came from, who I was and where my parents were, the gun seemingly forgotten, laying there easily on the table.

The cell mate just creepily stared at me, probably because there were no other females within the vicinity and I happened to carry a gun in that got confiscated almost too quickly. So I turned my head sharply and stared into the dude's eyes, hissing a "What the fuck you want?" before crossing my arms.

The dude stepped out of the shadows to reveal himself. Hair was dyed a violent purple and he was wearing a hoodie and khaki pants, looked around my age perhaps a little older and the first thought that went through my head was "Shit, he wants fuck." And yes, I can admit when I'm wrong because he most certainly did not want fuck and instead wanted to get to know me, honestly I didn't want that either and tried to ignore him but damn do some people get annoying.

I involuntarily listened to his tale and his background as he made small talk. Learnt his name was Gerald and I honestly laughed more than I should have. "I'll call ya G, kay mate? Gerald sounds like an old grandpa you know what I'm sayin?" I wasn't gonna talk to him once Universe decided to break me outta there so I may as well have used him for what it was worth.

"Yeah, sounds fair, so what you in for?" He tried to talk with hopes I'd respond since I had already humiliated his stupid name.

"Why'd I tell ya for?" I challenged. He only shook his head before continuing to open his cursed mouth.

"Well I got caught supplying weed to a 7th grader."

"Woah shit what?" That certainly caught me off guard. "I'm sorry but I gotta laugh here, why would ya sell weed to a 7th grader? They're definitely gonna catch ya on that one, you practically begged them to do it." G looked away in shame and I honestly began to enjoy myself.

"I just want to break out honestly." He admitted. I went silent, a plan forming in my head that I was sure Universe would like.

"You want out?" I asked. "Say G, you gotta car?" He looked at me nodding.

"But it's at my brother's place, I can steal the keys if I only got out." I clapped him on the shoulder, as he launched into an explanation as to how his brother's car was technically useless in escaping as we would have to be fast and outrun the cops."

"Trust me." His blabbing was getting annoying so I cut him off before he could continue. "We're gonna bust out."