California

"Brendon, I'm leaving." Sarah immediately said as I walked in the door. Her words smacked me in the face like a cold wind. She was really going to do it this time. "I went through your things..." She hesitated before continuing. "Your notes for your new songs seem to reflect someone else in your life, as if I didn't already have evidence of that. I don't know who it is, and I don't want to. I'll come back for my things eventually, but right now I need to go. So I took all my clothes and things, and I'm going to New York by myself for a while."

"Babygirl, listen," I cooed, trying to keep her around for at least long enough for me to confess the truth. If this was really about to happen, I may as well do it right. "I didn't mean to hurt you, but I did. I was selfish, I know that." I put my hands on her waist and drew her closer to me. Okay, this wasn't what I had in mind exactly, but it was happening. She was grinding against me, and I was reciprocating the movements.

"You won't change." She remarked as I pushed her against the living room wall, kissing down her neck. I laughed against her skin as I removed her shirt.

"No, I won't, I never could seem to act right." She whimpered a little underneath my hands and body, but still managed to retort,

"Well, one last time, and then I'm going."

~

I woke up on the couch the next morning. Sarah had left. We'd had break up sex, as if that made it any better, and then she was gone, like she said she would be. God dammit, I'm a fuck up sometimes. I had woken up tot the sound of my phone ringing incessantly.

It was Gabe, probably ringing me to figure out why I had used him to cover for me.

"Yeah, this is Brendon." I muttered, answering the phone sluggishly.

"Yeah, I figured since I called your number buddy." Gabe's sarcastic and sharp attitude was practically radiating through my phone screen.

"What's up?"

"Well, I'm wondering what the hell was up with this morning's text, pal." I sighed. Might as well tell him the truth, he deserved it for covering my ass.

"I was out doing cocaine and having sex with Ryan Ross and my wife came home early. Anyway, she's had enough of my bullshit and she's leaving." Gabe laughed with undertones of disappointment.

"You're such a fucking asshole, Brendon. You know that? I mean damn, we all know Ryan broke your heart, but did you really have to break Sarah's?" I sighed and ran one hand through my messy hair.

"I know I'm a piece of shit Gabe, no need to rub it in."

"So then, elaborate on the Ryan thing. Coke induced hookup or are you seeing him now?" I groaned audibly.

"A bit of both, I think. I mean, we had sex at least twice, if not three times, I don't remember. Sure, the drugs were a part of it, but I gave him head sober, so there's that." Gabe laughed again.

"Jesus Brendon, you were always Ryan's bitch." I scoffed.

"Untrue, you were always my bitch."

"Mm, I don't know, I had Ryan too, and he was pretty good." I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"God Gabe, you've had everyone."

"Just about." He agreed. I chatted with him for a few more minutes before exchanging goodbyes and hanging up. Next, I had to face the wrath of Zach, and I'm not sure I was ready for that.