Kill The Lights

"Brendon?" I felt someone's hands running up and down my chest, and the warm body next to me. I remembered where I was, and how the events of yesterday afternoon and evening had transpired.

To put it in simplest terms, I gave Ryan head on my kitchen counter, and then we got in his car and went to pick up drugs from his local plug. We went to his place, which was a nice upscale apartment near the Beverly Hills neighborhoods. Once we were at his place, we did a few lines of coke off of his bathroom counter and then I got fucked against his bedroom wall. We did a little more coke and had sex again a few hours later, and then when the high started to wear off, we went to bed with a bottle of jack and lazily made out while drinking until we fell asleep.

The whole ordeal reminded me so much of 2007-2008, when the band was still together. We fought so much over musical differences that we ended every night with hate sex and drugs. Something about this was different though. The hate wasn't there, but something else was. Hunger was the only word that described it properly in my mind, like we couldn't get enough of each other, and the drugs just enhanced that feeling.

"Mmm, morning." I said lazily, rolling over to face Ryan and kissing his neck. The lights were still off, but light was streaming through the blinds over the bedroom windows.

"Brendon, your phone has been ringing off the hook since 9 am." He said, his tone serious. God, I didn't want to answer my phone. Ryan was naked next to me, his hair a mess and his lips roughed up and red.

"What time is it now?"

"Half past ten." I rolled over with a sigh and looked at my illuminated phone screen and felt my heart drop.

"It's Sarah."