22.

Talia Booker

Talia Booker

I was growing restless, sitting in the hospital waiting room for what felt like hours, knowing damn well that Bella was going to wake up soon and start crying because she was hungry and in desperate need of a diaper change. I sighed and stood up, walking over towards the window, staring out at the falling snow.

"You aight, sis?" Tevin asked, coming to stand next to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I um...I need to run back to the house and get a few things, since it's obvious that we'll be here for the rest of the night." I said. "Do you mind watching Bella for minute?"

"Nah, you don't need to go anywhere by yourself. Jude and I will go while you and Syd wait to here how Ilene, Dean, and Jackie are doing." I nodded my head, sighing as he placed a kiss on my forehead. "Just relax, aight? I know shit is messed up, but try not to stress. Focus on Bella and the new baby, and let us handle Serena and Quanie."

"Serena and Quanie? Are they working together?" I asked, glaring at him. He cursed under his breath, looking around, before looking back at me.

"Aight look...before Dean got shot, he saw Quanie in the car and he's the one that shot him. Jude thinks that Serena put him up to it and now that I had time to actually think about it...I believe that she did. I mean think about it...we ain't heard from Quanie in how long? Then all of a sudden, Jocelyn and Serena pop back up, she all over Quanie, and then BAM! She dead and here come Serena and Quanie. It's a never ending cycle."

"That's the same thing that I said!" I huffed, shaking my head. "If we don't do something and quick...they're going to keep coming for us until they make our fucking children orphans! I don't know about you, but I'm not letting that happen!"

"Shit, you know I'll die behind mines so what's up? You tryna watch Ivy while me and Jude go handle they asses?" He asked me.

"No, I want to go handle they asses with ya'll." I said.

"Nah, that's dead. Talia, you're pregnant and even if you weren't carrying another mixed white child...I still wouldn't let you ride with us. You're a mother now and you're about to be someone's wife, so what you need to do is stay here with your child, make sure your fiancée and Ilene are straight, and let me and Jude handle this."

"But...what if something happens to you? Tevin...I can't lose you." The tears that had dried a long time ago, resumed as I wiped my eyes and hugged my brother tight.

"You're not going to lose me, sis. Aight? You know how I get down and I ain't going down without a fight. Now stop crying, wipe your face, and put on your pregnant, big girl panties." Before I could even respond to that, the doctor came out and I quickly rushed over towards him.

"Are you any kin to Ilene Fletcher?" He questioned.

"Yes, she's my mom. How is she?" I asked.

"She's perfectly fine. Her arm was deeply grazed, but thankfully she was taken care of before being brought in." 

"Oh thank God. What about Donzell Washington and Jackie...uh..."

"Wright. Jackie Wright." Tevin spoke up.

"Ah yes. Mr. Washington was just brought out of surgery and it was successful. We got the bullet out of his chest just in time, before it did any internal damages. Ms. Wright is still in surgery, but as soon as I know something then I will come back out." He assured us.

"Okay, thank you. Can I see go see my mom and fiancée?"

"Of course. She's in room 452." I smiled and thanked him, grabbing Bella from Jude, and making my way towards Ilene's room. For some reason, I felt partly responsible for what happened to her and if I would've just stayed away from her then none of this would've happened. I gently knocked on the door and pushed it open, walking into the room. 

"Mom?" I spoke. She was talking to one of the doctor's, well...more like flirting, but as soon as they saw me they stopped talking.

"There's my sweet baby girl now." She smiled. 

"Am I interrupting something?" I questioned, looking back and forth from her to the doctor.

"Of course not, baby. Come in and sit down."

"I'll leave you two alone, but I'd like an answer soon." He smiled, leaving the room as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"An answer?"

"He invited me out for coffee, despite me laying in this hospital bed." She chuckled. 

"That's great, mom." I couldn't even bring myself to smile because I just felt so guilty.

"Oh baby, what's the matter?"

"Nothing, I just...none of this would've happened if I didn't come back into your life." I sighed, laying Bella across my lap. "There's a lot of things that I haven't told you about me and Tevin, only because I didn't want you getting involved in anything like this."

"Listen to me, you don't have to explain anything. None of this was your fault and I am happy that you came back into my life. I don't care what you did or what you're doing, as long as you, Bella, and my new grandchild are safe. Do you understand me?" She said, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah, I understand." I sniffled. She wiped my tears away and placed a soft kiss on my hand. "I'm just really sorry."

"Stop apologizing, baby. You didn't do this to me, but I'm sure you know who did."

"Yeah I do, and I promise you...they won't get away with this."

"Don't do anything that's going to get yourself killed, Talia. It's not just you anymore and I know you want to go out and get revenge for the family, but you have to think about your kids." I sighed heavily, rubbing my eyes as I threw my head back. She was right. I couldn't keep trying to get revenge, only to have it backfire in my face. I guess I'm just going to have to sit back and let Tevin and Jude take care of this, but if they can't get the job done...then it'll be all up to me and Dean.

(Guess What Everyone? I'M BACK AND I'M BETTER! Updates Will Be Coming On A Regular Again, But This Is The Only One Y'all Are Getting For Today...MAYBE. I Just Got Back To Tennessee, I've Been In The Car For Eight Hours, And I Am Tired! But...If I'm Up For It Then O Definitely Drop Another Update For You All Since You've Been Incredibly Patient Over The Last Week! Thank You So Much And You All Are Amazing! -xoxo ❤❤❤)