15.

Talia Booker

Talia Booker

I could barely even sleep last night, knowing that Serena was out here making dry ass threats, and throwing bricks through people's windows. On top of that, our living room window was completely shattered and anybody could've came inside and robbed us. 

"Payback is a bitch? That is the lamest shit I have ever heard!" Jude laughed hysterically, sitting Bella on his neck. "I would've at least said something a little more clever, like-"

"JUDE! Who cares what you would've said!" Dean snapped, cutting him off. "What matters right now is that she knows that Sam and Jocelyn are dead, and now she's probably somewhere plotting on us right now!"

"Ugh, where the hell is Tevin?" I questioned, curling up in a ball on the couch. My stomach was feeling queasy and I hated that we were still sitting in this house, despite the fact that we had people fixing our window right now.

"He said he was on his way baby. He'll be here. Do you want me to get you anything?"

"Some water would be fine. All this drama is making me sick to my stomach." He nodded and headed into the kitchen, while I looked over at Jude who was playing with Bella. She had grown to love him over the last couple of days that he's been home with us, and I love the relationship that they're forming. "Jude...can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"What do you think that Serena meant by payback is a bitch?" I asked him. Of course, I knew what she meant, but I wanted to know if he knew what she had up her sleeve.

"You know exactly what she meant. We took two people that she loves away, and in return...she is probably planning on taking people we love away from us." I huffed and rolled over on my back, covering my face and groaned.

"I thought if I heard someone say it out loud then it would put things in perspective for me, but I thought wrong."

"Look...I know that this can be scary, especially since you have a baby to look after, but you should know by now that we're not going to let anything happen to you or Bella. Serena's just going to have to come through me, Dean, Tevin, and Zell before they get to you and my Bellz." He said. I smiled a little, reaching out to grab his hand.

"Thanks Jude."

"No problem." 

"See pumpkin...Uncle Jude can be smart and wise when he wants to be." I cooed, making Bella smile as she started squealing.

"Tevin's here." Dean announced, coming back into the living room.. He handed me a bottled water and went to open the door for Tevin, which made me relieved to know that he was okay. "What's up Tev?"

"What's up? Sorry I'm late, but what the hell happened?" I heard Tevin ask. He had Jackie and Ivy with him, which was weird, because he never brought Jackie around. "You good, sis?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I told him. He bent down and gave me a tight hug, which is exactly what I needed right now. "Hey Jackie. Hey Ivy." I held my arms out so I could get my niece and Jackie handed her to me. I kissed her cheek and snuggled with her, looking over at Bella who was glaring at us.

"So is anyone going to tell me what happened?" Tevin asked again. 

"Serena threw a brick through our window last night and left that note saying that payback is a bitch." Dean told him.

"Which is the lamest-"

"JUDE!" Dean and I shouted, cutting him off mid sentence. 

"My bad, my bad." He chuckled.

"Payback is a bitch? What type of lame ass shit is that?"

"I rest my case!" Jude said, loudly. 

"You'd think that bitch would be happy, since I gave her exactly what she asked for!" Tevin hissed, sitting in between me and Jackie on the couch. "Zell and I delivered that package to her, which is probably why she's out for blood."

"Ya think?" I exclaimed. "Ugh, this is too much for me."

"Relax baby. We knew that Serena would come for us once she found out about Sam, but since we offed her brother and her girlfriend...she's probably going to come for us twice as hard." Dean said, rubbing my shoulders.

"And we'll be ready for her because I'm tired of offing people, just for someone else to pop and pick up where the last person left off! The shit is getting old!" Tevin snapped, getting up and storming out of the living room. I sighed, handing Ivy back to her mother and getting up from the couch, following him into the kitchen. 

"I thought I was the only moody one, but I can clearly see that I'm not." I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"When did life become so difficult? I used to have all this shit figured out, but now? I'm just making it up as I go."

"That's life for you, big brother. So tell me...what's going on?" 

"Aside from us having to deal with yet another enemy, Jackie confessed her love for me and Syd finally came to her senses and wants to get back with me." He stressed. Awww...my big brother is having female troubles. How cute.

"Meanwhile, I can't even get a text back." I joked, laughing at my own joke.

"I'm not in the joking mood Talia. I really don't know what to do. I mean...I really love and care about them both, but I fear that I might lose one of them if I don't make the right decision." 

"Okay, I see your dilemma. For one, you will never lose Jackie because you both have a child together. Syd, on the other hand, you'll probably lose. Now I'm not trying to kick you while you're down, but I'm just speaking the truth." I said. "Let me ask you this though...who can't you live without?"

"Neither one of them, if I'm being honest. Syd...we have a lot of history and our love for one another has always been strong, but Jackie? Man, that girl there is like a breath of fresh air. She's fine as hell, funny, a hard worker, and shawty is a ride or die. Plus, she's the mother of my child and she does a damn good job at taking care of Ivy. She's the whole package and then some, but...I don't think I could live without Syd."

"Well...It's obvious that you have a lot of thinking to do, but if you ask me...it seems as if you've already came to a decision." I patted his shoulder and headed back into the living room, taking a seat on Dean's lap. As much as I cared about my brother and his love life, I was more concerned about Serena and what she had up her sleeve. I swear though, if she tries to come for my daughter or anyone else that I love and care about...I won't hesitate to bury her right next to her dead ass girlfriend. 

(Next Chapter Will Be In Serena's POV)