3.

Dean Clarke

Dean Clarke

I knew this whole thing was going to come back and bite me on the ass, regardless on how much I hoped it didn't. I'll admit, it was a mistake to let Jocelyn walk free, even after everything she's done to us, but I couldn't help myself at the time. I did still have love for her and because of that...she's still alive.

"Tevin...what the hell is going on?" I asked him, trying to get my mind right. Between Talia yelling and screaming at me, plus Bella and Ivy's loud crying...I couldn't even process everything that literally just happened.

"That Jocelyn hoe and Sam's sister, Serena, showed up over here and the outcome wasn't pretty at all." He told me. "Why didn't you ask me or Zell to come with you that night? You know we would've knocked her ass off for you, and got rid of the body." I simply shrugged my shoulders and sighed heavily, sitting down at the kitchen counter. A part of me did still care about Jocelyn at the time, and I couldn't bring myself to hurt her like Talia wanted me to, but the other part of me wanted to find her and finish what I started six months ago. Just knowing that Jocelyn broke her end if the deal and came back around here, really pissed me off, but knowing that she came to our house...man that she had me ready to fuck some shit up.

"I don't even know man. I thought I could handle it on my own, but clearly I couldn't. I had so much anger inside of me when I finally got my hands on her, but as soon as she started crying and begging me to let her go...I did it." I stressed, running my hands down my face. "And to make things worse, I lied to Talia and she's probably upstairs right now packing up hers and Bella's stuff."

"Yeah probably, but if you don't want her to leave then you need to go upstairs and talk to her. Now!" He said. I huffed and stood up, making my way upstairs. Of course, the door was locked and I could hear the sounds of clothes being snatched off of the hangers, which pretty much told me what I already knew.

"Baby." I said, knocking on the door. "Open up the door so we can talk."

"We don't have nothing to talk about! Get the fuck away from the door!" She snapped. I shook my head and reached up above the door, grabbing the little key that unlocked all the doors in the house. I unlocked the door and stepped into the room, seeing Talia walk back and forth from the closet to the bed.

"I'm not letting you leave like this." I told her. The last time I let her leave me, I almost didn't get her back. It was a different situation now, because we have Bella now and I refused to let this fuck up our family.

"Why not? You let Jocelyn leave, therefore I'm leaving!"

"I can explain why I did what I did. I know I lied to you and I'm sorry, but you know I don't like killing people! Jude was always the one that got his hands dirty, not me."

"Do you still love her?" She asked me. 

"No, I don't still love her." I answered, honestly. "But I did still have love for her back then, which is also another reason why I let her go." The pained look on her face really tugged at my heart, and I wanted to walk over to her and hug her, but I refused to do so because I didn't want to get my ass beat again. 

"Wow." She turned away from me and started to laugh a little, which told me that she was beyond pissed off. "So you decided to take things to the next level with me, knowing that you were still in love with her."

"I couldn't help how I felt about you. I love you so damn much, but the difference is that I'm in love with you. I only had love for her, and it might sound like the same thing but it's not. I can live without Jocelyn, but I can't live without you." I said. 

"You should've thought about that before you lied to me." She grabbed her packed bag off of the bed and was about to leave the room, but I ran up behind her and slammed the door shut as she tried to open it. "Move Dean!" 

"I understand you're upset, but you leaving and taking Bella isn't going to help solve anything!" I grabbed ahold of her arms, knowing that she was seconds away from throwing more punches on me.

"And you letting that bitch go didn't solve anything!" She shouted, trying to pull herself out of my hold. "Let me go before you piss me off even more then I already am!"

"Aight fine. I'll let you go, but promise me that you'll come back home once you calm down. I don't want you and Bella away from me for too long, but I also know you need some space."

"I'm not promising you shit! Fuck you!" She finally got herself out of my hold and left the room, heading into Bella's room. There was obviously nothing else I could do or say to get her to stay, so I was just going to give her some space until she calmed down. 

"How'd it go?" Tevin asked me, as soon as I came back downstairs.

"She wants space and I'm giving it to her."

"Is that what you want?"

"Man hell naw, but you know how your sister is. She'll fight the fuck outta me if I try and stop her from leaving. I'll give her a few days to calm down before talking to her again." I said, picking Bella up out of her playpen. I held her close to me and kissed her cheek, knowing that I wasn't going to see her for the next few days. "Daddy loves you, Bella. Mommy is mad at me right now, but I promise...I promise I'm going to make things right."

"If you really feel that way then you need to find Jocelyn and do what you were supposed to do a long time ago! I'll even help your ass out, so you won't have another excuse not to kill that bitch!" He said.

"Aight cool. First things first...how are we going to find her?" I questioned.

"Easy. She was with Serena and they were looking for Sam. So if it's Sam they want, it's Sam they'll get."