x

"Welcome all. Years ago my father, Valentine Morgenstern, started something. He intended to wipe out Downworlders."

There was a very loud cheer.

"I intend to go one step further. I know many of you are upset with the current state of the Clave. I intend to wipe out anyone who does not bow at my feet and help build a better future. Using the Infernal Cup, we will unite the Nephilim and demon kind, and we will become unstoppable. And those who do not kneel shall be executed." Sebastian said.

There was a second loud cheer and Sebastian turned to the summoning circle he had drawn in the dirt.

"Mother. I summon you." Was all Sebastian had to say before Lilith appeared.

"What is it you need my son?" Lilith asked.

"I need your blood Mother, to help make the Nephilim stronger." Sebastian said.

Lilith smiled and using one of her nails, cut open her wrist, spilling her blood into the Infernal Cup. Jace watched as the demonic qualities turned the once shiny, silvery adamas black.

"There you go my son." She said.

"Thank you Mother." Sebastian said before Lilith vanished.

"Now, we must have our volunteer be the first to drink." Sebastian said.

Jace watched in horror as Amatis was dragged to Sebastian's feet.

"No." He said. Clary grabbed his arm and gently pulled him back.

"Shh. It'll all be okay." She whispered. Jace watched as Amatis's head was tipped back and the Infernal Cup shoved in between her lips.

"Now, drink of the Infernal Cup." Sebastian said. The contents spilled down Amatis's throat and her body fell to the ground twitching. She lay still for a few moments before standing.

"Wonderful." Sebastian said.

Amatis stood on Sebastian's right side. Jace looked over at her. Her eyes were empty. She looked almost the same as Clary did, but worse. Like she'd had her entire soul removed from her body.

"Now! Who will be next?" Sebastian said.

"I will!" Someone shouted.

Sebastian scanned the crowd looking for the person who had suddenly called out.

"Who said that?" Sebastian asked. Jace watched as the crowd looked around. That was when he saw Alec smirking up at them.

"I said, I will." Alec shouted again.

"Lightwood." Sebastian hissed.

"I will too." Another voice called. Isabelle appeared next to Alec.

"Make it three!" Magnus was at Alec's side.

"You know what, sure. I will too." Simon stood beside Isabelle. The four stared up at Sebastian and Jace smiled.

"What exactly are they doing here?" Sebastian asked, turning to Jace and Clary.

"Sebastian I-"

"Trust me. You don't want to know." Jace said. Clary and Sebastian both looked at him.

"Jace, what have you done?" Clary asked. Jace smiled and kissed her.

"Trust me, you're going to like this." Jace said.

Clary didn't have time to answer before an arrow came flying towards Sebastian.

"Get them!" Sebastian screamed. The crowd instantly turned towards the four on the ground.