beginning

Third Eye - An eye once possessed by all humans but forgotten over time

Everyone is born with a third eye to see the dead but as children grew older, they slowly closed their eyes to the other world and accepted the fairy tale world they were fed. Not many remember what they saw and if they did, most would brush it off as a figment of their childhood imagination. Yet there are rare cases when the third eye is kept throughout their whole life or reopened.

10:35 AM

Naruto looked at the large white building with a large red cross on top. Hospitals were supposed to look heavenly and ready to take care of it's patients but whenever Naruto looked at the Konoha hospital, he always wondered why the place looked like it was ready to accept death at any moment. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he slipped through a couple walking out and looked around the lobby.

The hospital also happened to be the hotspot to see other grim reapers on the job.

Naruto scanned the seating area for a moment before seeing a group full of black dressed beings sitting together. Walking over to them, Naruto placed his hand on the brown haired male's shoulder. "Oh, Naruto-kun!" Choji exclaimed as the blonde haired male grinned down at them. Choji moved over, allowing Naruto to take the space between himself and Kiba.

"Only three people and Akamaru today huh? Where's Sai, I heard he was almost done his case the last time I checked but I didn't see him when I went back for a little bit." Naruto said as he shoved his hand into the large bag of chips that Choji held.

Tenten furrowed her eyebrows, "Well I guess you didn't hear since you were so busy with the person you had. Sai is being punished right now Naruto. He lied to the higher ups and ran away with the person he had because they fell in love. They managed to find Sai but the girl was dead by accidental touching. Apparently Sai is getting his grim reaper card revoked and he has to go through the academy and training again but he has to serve five years in hell first. As for the girl, no one knows what happened to her as of right now." Tenten said.

Naruto's eyes darkened. When a grim reaper graduated from the academy, they were paired up with another graduate and put under a teacher to learn for a year before going off on their own. Naruto had his fair share of people he trained but Sai was the person he had trained with. Along with Naruto and their friends, Sai was known as one of the best for being emotionless when it came to his job.

"Who were they?" Asked Naruto.

"Ino Yamanaka, you know, the girl I was assigned to for a little bit but she managed to get better? When I went back a while ago for questioning about the matter, I heard they erased her memories and hypnotised her to hate Sai. I don't know if her rights for reincarnation are revoked too but I do know that Sai fucked up horribly. Not falling in love with a human is the most known rule for grim reapers because it's rammed into our heads the moment we enter the academy. Especially after that incident." Kiba grumbled as Akamaru whimpered beside him.

Naruto nodded to Kiba's words as they were true, "That reminds me, why are you guys here?" He asked.

Kiba and Tenten looked at each other, "Naruto, you know how you got the sister to Hanabi right?" Asked Tenten. Naruto nodded as he dug his hand back into Choji's bag of chips. "Well, it looks like your person has a third eye. It's really hard to do our jobs when she's with Hanabi 24/7." Tenten explained.

Choji nodded, "As for myself, my person is quite cooperative. All he wants is to be with his family one more time and they're flying in tomorrow so I'll be done within the week." Choji smiled. Choji was known as one of the kindest grim reapers and the trait was always pointed out to be his weakness. But Naruto saw it as his greatest weapon. Choji hardly had anyone who fought with him for their lives because Choji was just too kind to be mad at. He was also the one the higher ups sent for kids because Choji just seemed to click with them on another level.