The Loneliest Feeling

Chapter 15: The Loneliest Feeling

2 weeks later

Word Count:1012

Hiro POV (you're welcome)

"Hiro, its fine okay?" She snaps at me as I attempt to grab hold of her shoulder. (Y/n) quickly brushes off the gesture, closing the door to her borrowed room in my face. When she first showed up at my door step with tears in her eyes I welcomed her with open arms, hugging her as she cried into my shoulder. Now she just shuts me out, and I don't know how to help.

Thin arms circle my waist and I relax in their embrace, basking in the warm it brings.

"I think you should go talk to her lover," Sakura says, her breath hot against my back. I place my arms over hers.

"Tomoe?" I ask, unsure if that would be the best idea, for as far as I could tell, she's furious at him. Sakura nods against my back, and I turn in her arms.

"She misses him." Sakura looks up at me with those gorgeous eyes and suddenly everything makes sense.

Gods of course she misses him.

I smile down at Sakura.

"You're a genius, love." I say, leaning down to press my lips against hers, loving the way she leans into my embrace.

"I'll be back tonight, love." I say, breaking the embrace and hurrying out the door, stalking to Mikage shrine, suddenly angry at Tomoe for making me leave my sole reason for existing.

@@@@@@@@

Tomoe stands outside the shrine, and I smile to myself as I approach him.

This, this will be fun.

I pounce on him as soon as he in in range, taking his younger body to the ground easily, pinning his shoulders to the dirt with one hand as I sit on his abdomen.

"Tomoe!" The sudden voice is shrill and loud, causing me to wince from the pure shock it brings my ears. I push Tomoe further into a ground, and his chest collapses with a grunt on his part. I smile down at the fox beneath me as human girl comes running toward us.

"Get off Tomoe!" She screams at me. I grab a chunk of Tomoe's lengthening hair, keeping his head glued to the ground as I turn my attention to the girl.

"Or what?" I say with a sly smile, challenging the suddenly timid girl who stands in front of me. She looks baffled, like she expected me to obey her command without hesitation. Cogs click in place when I spot the land god mark on her forehead.

"Sorry to disappoint, Nanami, but I'm not some familiar that you can order around. I can kill Tomoe no matter how many times you tell me not to." The smile on my face grows as she takes a step back, cowering in the presence of a yokai that presents actual threat to her.

I can see why (Y/n) hates her so much.

"Nanami, its fine, go back into the shrine, everything will be okay." The fox's words make my gaze snap toward him.

Now I can really see why (Y/n) hates Nanami.

A laugh bubbles in my throat, and I spring into action, grabbing Tomoe's collar and dragging him along with me as I lunge for the girl. Her scream pierces my ears, but I ignore it, too pissed to recognize how fragile she really is.

I toss them both into the courtyard, pounding the ground with my own landing as vines shoot from the ground and trap both of them to the dirt floor.

"Tomoe, you better start talking before I rip the land goddess throat right out of her little body." I say, my lips pulling back to expose my canines as I start transforming. He says nothing, staring at me. I drop to all fours and transform, charging toward Nanami, my fangs grazing her neck as Tomoe shouts at me.

"I'm not sure what you want me to say." He gasps out. I leave the girl, stalking toward him, slashing him across the face, breaking the skin only slightly.

"Then you truly are an idiot." I growl, remembering (y/n)'s huddled form as she wakes from yet another nightmare. "I don't care what fantasy you have about you're little land goddess over there, I don't care if you're afraid of loosing another master or some misguided bullshit like that, but you need to sort our your emotions." Tomoe looks at me incredulously as I practically spit the words at him.

Gods he is stupid.

"(y/n)? Did you forget about her? The girl who looked after you for twenty years while you wallowed in your own misery?" I ask, seeing the confused look in Nanami's gaze.

"If you're so worried about her, then why don't you do something about it." He says. I roar in anger at Tomoe's selfish words, expending every effort to not rip his head off his shoulders.

"I AM DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!" I scream in his face. "Who do you think she has been staying with while you've been ignoring her existence? Who do you think has to watch her suffer through her nightmares of her brother because she doesn't want me to help her? Who do you think is giving up his pride to come ask you for help because I'm so damn worried about her?" Tomoe's eyes widen in realization.

"Newsflash, fox, I'm not the one she's in love with." Nanami gasps from somewhere next to me, but I'm too focused on the still image of (Y/n) that first night after she saw her brother. "You need to get your priorities straight and stop avoiding your own damn feelings. Go to her fox, because I'm tired of watching her suffer." My voice breaks at the last word, and I turn to leave, releasing Tomoe and the land goddess from the vines as I sprint back home, concern for (y/n) finally leaking through my hard exterior.

@@@@@

HEy, so I know its a short chapter but I didn't have much time to write this week.

I hope you guys like it nonetheless.

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Follow me for more garbage.

xoxo

Harleighkinz

Save Me From The Monsters (TomoeXReader) • Completed •जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें