Chapter 18

JPOV

I woke up feeling better than i have in awhile. it took me a couple minutes to remember but when i did i was instantly happy. i rolled over to wake clary up only to find i was alone and all that was left was a note. of course nothing could ever be simple. i read it and groaned, she had told me multiple times last night that things would be explained today but i wish she would of just told me straight away i mean thinking back on these past few weeks i can sort of guess whats it about but i'd rather know the truth. i got out of bed and looked at the clock 8:00 am great now i'm going to be late. i have a quick shower, get dressed and grab a banana before heading for my car. to my surpise Izzy was there waiting for me. "Took your time princess" she mocked. "it takes time to look this good" she rolled her eyes as she got into the passenger seat.

driving to school i was suddenly nervous as much as i wanted to know the truth i still worried about what it could be- wait "Izzy you didnt happen to.. i don't know.. run into someone this morning?" i said not taking my eyes off the road. "Oh dear brother, if only you knew" she said with an evil smile on her face. i fixed my gaze on the road and tried not to blush when suddenly i heard izzy groaning with a deep voice. i looked at her furrowing my brows. "clary you feel so good" she said and i paled as i recalled what she was doing. your sister catching a girl leave your room the morning after is one thing but to have her hear everything... i guess we weren't as quiet as i thought. she shrugged and simply said "the walls aren't as thick as they seem"

"oh trust me i know" i said, my face suddenly drained of colour remembering the many times alec and Magnus were together. izzy caught on and started laughing. thankfully she had stopped just as we reached the parking lot. "are you ready?" she turned to me completely serious i knew there was a double meaning to her question. i nodded my head unsure of what my mouth would have said. we both walked to the doors and once they were open we were welcomed by nothing. not one soul was in the hallway, which was... odd. izzy started walking with purpose down the hall but turned when she figured i wasnt following. "you coming?" she said and i nodded once again. i had no idea where we were going but i had a hunch izzy did. when she stopped we were at the auditorium. once the doors were opened everyones eyes were focused on us and it was dead silent.

izzy, like always, ignored the stares and found two seats. it wasn't until everyone started going back to their own business did i ask izzy "What are we doing here?" she just turned to me, gave me a small smile and said "you'll see" before i could ask anymore questions the huge projector screen came over the stage. everyone had gone dead silent. "So" a strong voice came through the auditorium and i immediately recognised it as clary and sure enough there she was sitting in her room on her bed holding what i assumed was her phone. "As everyone in this room knows, my names clary fray. i'm 17 years old and before a couple weeks ago involving an alley way incident i had never been kissed" she looked ashamed and i clenched my fists. "Since then there have been rumors about me, so basically this is me clearing somethings up for you. i'll start with the alleyway. i was walking around the city when i was pulled behind a building and someone who i will not name but everyone knows forced me against a wall and held me in a tight grip so i couldn't get away. tears started forming in my eyes as i realised what his intentions were but before he did anything i heard laughter and down the alley was someone from this school holding her phone taking a picture. once she had left he decided he was going to finish what he started as he forced his mouth on mine he was suddenly pulled back and i'm so grateful for that person because if he wasn't there..." she stopped and tried to hold back tears "Thats for later in the story. The point is he saved me, and before any of you ask no it wasn't Jace herondale."

i looked around the room to see everyones eyes focussed on clary and her explanation. "The rumors that followed the picture were horrible, people said things about me, assumed i was a slut that would hook up with guys nehind dumpsters because i was so dirty. after i think it was only like 4 hours of it i couldn't take it anymore. that's when a plan popped into my head. the things that people thought about me, i would make them believe them but on my own terms. People thought i was a slut, i would make them believe i was. so with the a help of a friend, i came to school the next day completely different and so it went on for a couple of weeks. then came the party" she stopped and i could see tears coming down her face. i wanted so badly to hold her, i looked around the room but she was nowhere to be seen. "A lot pf you were there so i know you saw me go upstairs with sebastian and come downstairs fighting with jace. When i went upstairs it was part of the plan for everyone to see and assume whatever they wanted but what sebastian did, i never even planned for and i couldnt stop. My friends had told me that this would happen and instead of listening i flipped out on them. so when jace and i fought i had no one left to turn too. what followed was a lot more drama but most of that you dont need an explanation too. the people who do, have already got one." she stopped again taking a breathe "I hurt so many people because of this plan and it may have cost me the guy i love" everyone gasped and i couldnt pull my eyes away from her. "Yes, i said love. i have loved Jace herondale for ages and if you hadn't guessed already you may be blind, or at least thats what iz told me." she loves me, and i love her. i need to find her now. "before anyone starts another rumor just know that every single one said about me was fake... so now you know the truth. you happy?" before the video could end her door opened "You need to tell ME the truth right now" i heard my own voice and chuckled a little. clary reacted the same way she did yesterday and then realised the camera was still on and she stopped it.

the room was filled with silence no one knew what to say or do. the only thing i wanted to do was find clary. "Alright thats it, go back to lurking in the hallways" izzy said standing up and everyone did the same. when the last person finally left i was alone or so i thought. "Hey" i heard a voice come from the stage i stood very quickly and looked at clary. she looked beautiful she was wearing a green dress that wasnt shirt but wasnt long either, only a thin layer of makeup on and her hair was down and very natural. "i thought i should clear some things up for you" she said smiling. i hadnt even realised i was walking until i was standing right in front of her. "jace look i'm sorry i know i should have told you sooner but-" "I love you" i said and i knew it was my new favourite word. she leaped at me and started kissing me "I love you" i whispered between kisses. she wrapped her legs around my waist and i couldnt help but feel a little turned on "Round two?" i said with a smirk and i could see the lust forming in her eyes but instead she laughed and said "now now jace dont want to start any rumors do we?" she said before kissing me again.