Eighty-Nine & Ninety

Start from the beginning

“Why are you obsessed with planning this trip?” I asked her.

“Just want to do everything, get the most of it.”

“Ok,” I sighed, flicking my TV screen off. “Hit me with it. What all do you want to do?”

“You could have read the itinerary,” Jess scolded.

“Whatever, tell me.”

“Well, I want to go to these waterfalls that are near the villa we are staying in. You can swim in them and jump off them.”

“Sounds cool,” I said.

“And I booked for us to go zip-lining in the rainforest already. I don’t care what you say, I’m doing that. You can sit in the car,” she smirked.

“That doesn’t seem like something you’d like,” I said. I didn’t think she’d be into adventure sports.

“It’s once in a lifetime.”

“I suppose.”

“And obviously I want to go to the beach,” she stated, “That’s a given.”

“Obviously,” I grinned.

“What do you want to do?”

“Whatever makes you happy,” I smiled, “And before you say it, I’m still not following your itinerary. Even if that’s what makes you happy. It’s the one thing I won’t do.”

“You do my head in,” Jess muttered, going back to her book.

I couldn’t help but grin at her, leaning over to put a kiss on her cheek and thinking that this might be the best trip ever.

PART NINETY

*Jess’ POV*

Costa Rica was lush.

It was hot and sunny and full of all sorts of gorgeous tropical plants. Just being there I felt my body instantly relaxing. There was nothing stressful about the place because the lifestyle was just so slow and relaxed. And it was too hot to be stressed.

After we landed, Aston and I collected our bags and then passed through customs and out to the car rental area.

“You sure you can drive this?” I muttered, eyeing up our car.

“Sure. What’s wrong with it?” Aston asked.

“It’s the other side of the road.”

“Babe I drive in LA every time I’m out there. I think I can handle this.”

“Are you sure?” I worried.

“I promise I got this,” Aston said, “Plus, it’s designed to get beat up.”

“Ok,” I sighed, climbing into the passenger seat. He’d gotten a jeep just to be careful, which was probably a good thing since I’d read lots of the roads in Costa Rica were gravel or dirt.

The first few miles were stressful. I wasn’t used to be in the passenger seat on the other side and I kept thinking we were going to hit something. Eventually I just had to close my eyes and take some deep breaths. Putting my faith in Aston.

We had to drive maybe two hours or so west to the beach, finally coming to a sleepy little village on the Pacific. It was full of mostly vacation villas, restaurants, a few clubs, and some other random stores. The village itself consisted of one giant square, and that was about it.

“Where do we go?” Aston asked.

“I’ve got an address for the rental office,” I said, “We go there and get our keys.”