Chapter 2: .:Apologies:.

I wrapped my arms around Brandon and sobbed. I didn't want to be the first to apologise. I felt weak. Life doesn't sweep you away so quickly that even a Facebook message is impossible! I talked my feelings out with Brandon and he completely agreed with why I was angry but I had to fix this friendship with Dave.

In honesty, I don't see why he was so adamant about it. "Why do you care that I fix my friendship with Dave so much?" I whispered, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Because he made you happy. As you did, him." Brandon smiled. "You still going to have to get him to apologise to me first. I'm not apologising for nothing, I wasn't the one who left." I told Brandon.

"Don't blame you, I'll talk to him. You know, he never stopped thinking about you, or caring about you. He was just scared you hated him, and apparently he was right..." Brandon trailed off.

"Beth, hear me out please." A voice called from behind. "How long have you been there, Dave?"

"Long enough. I know apologising won't help. But at least you know I'm sorry. I shouldn't have upped and left you, I should have been there for you, when he died." I cut him off. "YOU'RE UNBELIEVABLE! Leave my daddy out of this. You're right you should have been there. Brandon was. What stopped you?!" I snapped.

"Beth! Chill out! He's trying to apologise. Give the man a break." Brandon hugged me as I took deep breaths to calm myself. I wasn't good with people bringing my dad up. I'm still not over it.

"I'm sorry B. I'll try harder next time." Dave said storming off. With that I broke down in tears... Again.

"Well, Slam Dunk is almost over, we need to pack up. Text me and get home safe. See you in Dallas."

That was the last I heard from Brandon that day. Two weeks later I received a plane ticket to Dallas.

"I'm not coming out to Dallas B!" I yelled down the phone, holding the envelope in my hand. "Yes you are! You're going to become ultimate besties with Dave again and you're going to have a week of fun to make up some of the lost time. Pack your stuff and deal with it Bethany Hoover!" Brandon said, in a rather harsh tone. "Now pack!" Then the line went dead.

"Stubborn little shit." I grumbled, dragging myself to my room to pack for Dallas.