Chapter One: .:Reunion:.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF BED, BETHANY HOOVER!" A familiar voice screeched as the door slammed open and the curtains were drawn back. "Wait what? Why? What are you doing here so early?" I grumbled as my vision adjusted to the sudden brightness. The blur of who decided to oh so extravagantly waltz into my room and wake me up soon cleared up and revealed herself to be my best friend and flat mate Emmy.

"Emmy! Calm the fuck down! It's 11am!" I whispered, quietening her down. "It's 11am and you're not ready yet! Hurry up, we're going to be late! I want to be at the barrier for Crown The Empire!" Emmy whispered back. "Shit! Slam Dunk!" I shouted, launching myself out of bed and practically jumping into my outfit for the day.

~Time Skip to Slam Dunk because yanno~

As soon as the gates had opened, we ran to the monster stage. Chunk! No Captain Chunk were playing today and I needed to be at the barrier for them. I wasn't so fussed about Crown The Whatever so I just listened to Emmy blab on about them until their set. "The timetable says it's Chunk! Then Crown The whatever so we can go merch hunting after they finish?" I told Emmy, listing my plan for the day. To which she nodded in agreement.

Chunk's set was amazing as usual, and up next was Crown The Empire. I wasn't too bothered about the group, from what I know they're a group from Dallas, Texas and they're pretty good but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. Plus Dallas, Texas is where he moved. Ugh.

Emmy screamed, breaking me from my thoughts and I turned, rapidly, on my heel to see the front man for Crown The Empire had taken the stage. "It's David Escamilla Beth! Oh my god! He's living and breathing.. I LOVE YOU DAVE!" She screamed and I slapped her head. "Keep it together Em! And wait, Dave Escamilla?" She nodded eagerly. "Oh for fucks sake! Of course he had to be here in your favourite post hardcore band! You okay on your own? I can't be near him."

Emmy called after me as I stormed off to a good stand. Okay I didn't need to flip out like that, BUT HE LEFT ME GOD DAMN IT! I calmed myself and bought some chips to eat while Crown The Empire played their set and I stayed far away from Dave.

After about an hour and watching Chiodos' set, I found Emmy again, and she'd made a friend. "Beth! I've been looking all over for you! This is Brandon!" I looked over at Brandon, and smiled. "Beth?" He asked. "Hey, Big B." I shrugged. "Hey, Lil B!" Brandon pulled me into a hug, and a strong one at that. "I missed you so much." We told each other simutaneously. "Wait, you two know each other?" Emmy asked, shocked. "He's my cousin Emmy." I laughed. "And you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't know to be honest." I told her. "Still talk to Dave?" Brandon asked me. "No, he hasn't tried to contact me once since you guys left." I sighed. "Brandon!" I hear someone call in the distance. I'd recognise that voice anywhere. Oh no.

"Dave, this is Beth." Oh no. "Beth Hoover, how ya doing?" I said, awkwardly waving at him. "Beth? Oh my god I've missed you so much!" He sighed, trying to hug me. "You didn't miss me enough to contact me." I said, coldly, avoiding his hug and storming off to the bathroom.

Tears of anger streamed down my face as I sat on a bench in the field by the main stage. "Hey, there you are." Brandon's soft voice soothed me and he sat beside me and pulled me close to him. "He doesn't get how much it hurt when he left. I loved him, and he was my best friend." I cried in frustration. "He loves you. He didn't mean to hurt you, he got caught up in the band. Life swept him away but you can build your friendship again." Brandon reassured me.

I wiped a lone tear away. "I don't think I want to. I don't want to lose him again so why not let him go? Why did he even leave in the first place? He never told me." I began to sob again. "You will fix it with him. You don't have a choice. Or I'll put you on a plane to Dallas myself!" Brandon told me.

"God I've missed you."