Chapter 11 (Sign Up/Battle Part1)

NEXT DAY

(At the front yard)

Early in the morning everyone was getting to go to the town to properly give a tour for Yamamoto. They were checking their baggages if they forgot anything or checking the horses' conditions. Once they decided that they are ready, they were about to get on the horses until a voice interrupted. 

"HEI~KAAAAAA~! GEI~KAAAAAAAA~! YU~RIIII HEI~KAAAAAAA~!" A man with a white long hair came running through the yard, the man ran toward them and stop in front Conrad. Wheezing and huffing, trying to catch his breath.

"Gunter!" Conrad said as he looked at the figure in front of him. "What's wrong?"

"Well, the date of the tournament for the strongest swordsman will be coming soon and we had lots of participant coming today. We really want to finish it but we needed His Highness' signature for it to be approved. Please, Your Highness, finish your paperworks." Gunter said as kneeled in front of Yuri.

"Paperworks? Tournaments? I don't know any of that." Yuri said as he gave Gunter a very confuse look. He really had no idea of any of the things that happened today and wasn't paperworks one of Gwendel's job?

"We'll tell you everything once we get back at the castle and oh-" Gunter stopped his ramblings as he noticed a new person accompanying his King. "Hello there, young man? What is your name?" Gunter asked as he gave the teen in front of him a genuine smile. Afterall, a guest of his King must be treated nicely even if he is a complete stranger.

"Oh! Hello there. My name is Yamamoto, Takeshi. It's nice to meet you!" Yamamoto said as he laughed a little as he stared at Gunter. The others noticed this though and wondered what was so funny. Well except for Gunter himself.

"Well, my name is Gunter Von Christ. Nice to meet you as well." Gunter said as he gave a polite bow to Yamamoto.

Yamamoto couldn't take it. He burst out laughing making Gunter confused at the sudden action and making the others thinks if he has finally lost his sanity already. That is, if he has one to begin with.

"What seems to be funny, young man?" Gunter asked as he raised one of his brows.

Yamamoto abruptly stopped his laughter and gave the man a guilty smile. "Well you see, your hair reminds me of someone I know while your attitude reminds me of another person who has that same loyalty that shows in your eyes. You remind me of both of them and seeing you here really look like a joke to me since whenever those two people meet, they always try to kill each other. Well, sometimes." Yamamoto said making the others think if he was serious or not. Honestly, who tries to kill each other whenever they meet? It's not like they are assassins or something.

"Well, I really don't know what to say to your comment and I really had no idea on what you are saying, young man." Gunter said as he gave Yamamoto a deadpanned gaze.

"Don't worry. You don't have to meet them. Anyway, what were you talking about? Is there a tournament happening tomorrow?" Yamamoto said in a very exciting tone making the others raised one of their brows at seeing the teen in front of them so enthusiastic.

"The prelims will be starting today and if you want, you can still enter today. But who are you going to be representing young man? Do you have any kingdom to represent?" Gunter asked as he took one scroll and a pen to write the necessary information.

"Well.." Yamamoto said as he took the scroll and pen and started scribbling on it. Once he was done, he gave the scroll back to Gunter with a smile and turned back to his companions only to see them gaping with their jaws open.

"Gunter‼ You had to erase senpai's name‼ He isn't from this world and doesn't had a clue on what is going on today‼ He thinks that everything here is just a game so why did you signed him up‼" Yuri said as he gave Gunter a very exasperating look while Gunter looked at him with pure horror at the mistake that he had done.

"He is? I'm so very sorry Your Majesty! I didn't know any of that! I really want to do that Your Majesty but unfortunately, once a participant is already signed up then you can't do anything even if you are the king! It is one of the rules that all the head nobles had agreed upon. I'm sorry for my utmost stupidity Your Highness‼" Gunter shouted as he knelt down in front of his King.

"Well, what's done is done. We'll just have to make sure that your senpai doesn't pass the preliminary test. Also, killing inside the tournament is prohibited so I guess you can say is that he is fine for now." Murata said as he gave Yuri a comforting pat behind him.

"Fine? That idiot is gonna be dead the moment he steps one foot on that place‼" Wolfram said as he looked at the carefree face of the teen.

"Now. Now. Wolfram. Don't talk to Yamamoto-san like that. I'm sure that man can survive one day." Conrad said but the way he looked at Yamamoto didn't really look convincing at all. In fact, his face totally agrees on what Wolfram had said.

"Conrad-san is right, Wolfram. I can totally take care of myself." Yamamoto said as he laughed cheerfully at his companions who are looking at him with horrified face.

"Yeah? Then what weapon are you going to use? You're wooden sword?" Wolfram said in an almost rhetorical manner and scoffed.

"Hey! How did you guess?" Yamamoto said making Wolfram choked on his own saliva as he heard that. The people widened their eyes with disbelief. Well, who wouldn't. No one in the history of the Demon World had ever heard of a person stupid enough to participate in a dangerous tournament with a wooden sword as his chosen weapon.

'He's dead!' was all they could think as they watch the cheerful and carefree man took his wooden sword and swung it like a bat.

'I take that back. He's so overly dead!' they thought.